Thread: Goodbye Autumn!

Default Goodbye Autumn!

Lake Effect snow here today. Geez, and I was wearing shorts last Friday.
    Here's hoping the bees are all snug and well-stocked.
    The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams. -Henry David Thoreau

10 more weeks till Spring. Can't wait!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Smile

"Goodbye autumn', Hello 'winter',......be nice,..please!

Smile Brrrrrr

I put layers of clothing on today here in western Pennsylvania, it is archery season so I figured the bucks should be chasing does in this cold weather. Even with my insulated coveralls and layers I still got cold-brrrrr. Did get to see a buck and six does so all in all a nice afternoon. No accumulation here but flurries did not go unnoticed.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

BRRRRR, I'm freezin'...Only 62 here today. Had to put a long sleeve shirt on.

62 thats Tshirt weather
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    BRRRRR, I'm freezin'...Only 62 here today. Had to put a long sleeve shirt on.
    Yeah right! And you go out half-naked,....collecting/cutouts,.. swarms! lol.
    Last edited by Oldbee; 11-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Heck, we had that blasted frozen stuff all over the grass this morning!!! I darn near busted up the kitchen table and put it in the fireplace!!

I feel your pain iddee! If man was meant to live in the god forsaken cold, we woulda been born with built-in long handles!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

It hasn't been too cold yet, but we got one of those sharp winds last Friday that makes it feel like it's about 20F, and I could see the snow on the mountain peaks. I called my wife around 1:00 and said "Pack a bag, sweetheart. Roadtrip."

We took off before 3:00 and at 9:00 we were checkin' into a nice hotel in Las Cruces that had palm trees out front. It was still cool, so in the morning we headed west to Tucson. (If I had been thinkin' I would have looked up a couple of local beeks....) It was much nicer there. I think it got up to about 80F.

Drove back home Sunday. I'm learning that I don't have to live in the cold all winter without a break. I can leave here in a blinding snowstorm and temps in the teens and in six or eight hours be in a place that's 60 degrees warmer. (That's if the highway department is doing their job well...) It's amazing what just a single day in the sun and the warmth will do for yer soul in the dead of winter.