Thread: Mite counting.

Hybrid View

Default Mite counting.

Is there a manufacturer of the mite sticky boards for migratory pallets where the slider tray can be inserted and removed from the side.
    Or, I can make them by modifying the "old design" that is sold by Mann Lake.
    Eneything that i see on-line are using a tray that is on the back side of the hive.

Thank you,
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Default Testers

Hi Ernie
    I make myself inserts from 3/16 slats that I can slide in the front. Covered on top with 1/8 hardware cloth and underneath shelf paper ( sticky side up duh ) The sides are say 18" by 4"-5" wide. Not full size but I just extrapolate from the count. Put them under main brood area. Does that make sense?

So there is a rectangle at the end of two long handles. Just stick them in the entrance, handles sticking out ID which colonies and make it easy to remove.

Default Mite counting

Thanks Tom!

My problems are:
    There is only a 7" gap for the bees to enter the hive and the hive sits on a 3/8" bee way space.
    I will try to make up a prototype according to your suggestions.
    The recent rains have germinated the fall flora. But, the north east winds will dry out the small plants.
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Default Inserts

I usually lift up the hive a little to make it easier to insert, plus after the back of the rectangle is past entrance they have ez access to frames. Let me know if you don't have a good pic in your mind. Slats are 3/4" x 3/16' thick x desired dimensions of testing area plus length for handles.

Default NE Winds

I know it's just awful trying to keep bees in SoCal!