Thread: Broccoli!

Default Broccoli!

Well, we've had frost, cold, snow, sleet and generally miserable weather, and yesterday the sun came out and it got up over 50F. A few of the girls were out on the broccoli I let go to flower. I can't stress enough what a boon the broccoli has been. Just don't pick a head when there's a dearth, and bingo! Flowers!

On the down side, there was no activity from one of my hives. I hope they are okay.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

I'm still getting alot of bee's on my Broccoli the bolted. Now we have a bunny too(kids) so he gets some now since he loves the stuff.
    My broccoli has been great his year except 1/3 bolted early but cut it back and in filled in nicely.
    Hope the girls are ok?

Got a little warmer yesterday, and I saw a few of the girls venturing out from the "no activity" hive. Looks like it just takes a little warmer temps to get them out and about. They had good stores last time I checked, but I combined a weak colony with them late in the year. Will trust to the fates and the bees to survive the winter. Thanks for the interest, Zane!
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau