Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    Lift the top box enough to see between them. If live bees on 4 or more frames, leave until spring, or next check. If no bees on frame tops, remove top box and check inside bottom box. If empty, take honey.
    Still sticking to this.......... makes sense to me thx iddee
    A beekeeper is not what I am, it's what I aspire to become.

I don't mean to cut into this thread, but as a sideline question, what is this camp method? I did a search. I find where it is talked about, but not explained as to the purpose. Can you shed a little light on this for me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks TW

The MountainCamp Method is a method where you place a piece of newspaper over the top bars of your brood chamber, and pile 5-10 lbs of granulated sugar on it. It helps with moisture in the hive and is available for winter feed as well. I'm sure others can explain it more eloquently but thats the basic idea.

MountainCamp is the members name that came up with it. Try a search for his name.

Cool Inspected today woooo whoooo!!!!!

Well today was my last inspection for the season (barring an unusually warm winter) and i have to say, i was VERY relieved when i looked in the lower deep. There were bees everywhere !!!!!!!!

http://a1accountingsolutions.com/bee...ots-o-bees.jpg

The smoker wouldn't even coax them down into the box, so i didnt pull any frames. There are plenty of beees, lots of stores (top deep i almost couldnt lift) and 10lb of sugar on the top.

I'm feeling MUCH better about the whole situation, and can't wait to see them again come spring.

Thank you all who have endured my questioning, and endless babbling....

OBTW:

I was told you don't need smoke after a frost:

I don't use it even before one.

JB:}
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

Well Wayne,

You're the kind of beekeeper I'd like to get to know more about. Learn enough to get going, learn some more, find things you don't know enough about and ask questions....learn even more. Kudo's to you. No matter what happens in the future, please let us know. I'm waiting to learn from you now!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"