Default Varroa still a problem

6 days after the formic treatment has ended, 2 of the 3 hives are Varroa free. I don't see any on the SSB. The hive that was the bad Varroa hive still has a noticeable drop.
    Should I treat this hive a second time? I am worried that this hive might not make it thru winter. Although they seem very strong and have ample stores.
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

Is the mite drop you are seeing 6 days after treatment ended a "left-over treatment effect", or is it because you still have lots of mites remaining?

Comparing "after treatment drop number" to "before treatment" could help explain if treatment was effective in reducing the drop, and could indicate if additional treatment(s) are needed.

A hive w/ a high NATURAL drop in October will probably not survive winter because "winter bees" have been harmed (reguardless of treatment success).
    You can kill ALL mites now, but if the bees are not healthy, and new healthy "winter bees" are not produced, the colony usually dies out (or remains as spring "dink").

Varroa treatments are best done in August.

I still have an overnight drop of about 50 Varroa on the SSB

If the 50 (on day 6) is down from 60-70-80 on day 3 or 4, you could be seeing a downward "trend", especially if the drop continues to decrease.

If you had a drop of 50 every day of treatment, and the 50 now remains constant, you may have a "dead hive"

Remember - ALL mite drops (w/ or w/o treatments) decrease as temperature gets colder.

I figure I will see less varroa as the drones are kicked out also. This one hive still has some drones, the other two seem to be drone free.(they were kicked out already)

Take into account brood hatches as well. I have a hive that is just now scaling down. A week or so ago, I had a LOT of hatching brood compared to the other hives which had pretty much shut down earlier. Brood hatching exposes more mites and your drop counts will continue to be higher.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"