Default Putting SBB on late, any advice?

I only recently picked up a couple of screened bottom boards for my 2 hives. However, now I have the chore of trying to get them in underneath the lower deep and above the old solid bottom.

Other than removing the hive bodies one by one, does anyone have advice on how to easily slip this in?

Many thanks,
    -Doug

I'd wait and put them on in the spring...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

While there may be some benefit to using them over the winter (ventilation, etc.) you can, as Michael said, wait until spring. As far as putting them on "easily", I guess it depends on your definition. I would do a full tear down in the spring and, while I was inspecting the hive bodies, stack them on the newly installed SBB. One of the things that I do is to place my hives on a hive stand that COULD hold three colonies, side by side. BUT, I only put a colony on each end. I've built a removable shelf that goes in the middle with spaces slats so that it doesn't collect water. I use the shelf to rest covers, smoker, etc., on. If I decide to swap out a landing board, SBB, etc., I pull the middle shelf and slide the hive I'm working on to the center. Then, I place the new SBB / landing board....whatever on the spot that the hive came from and then get the colonly moved back in place. For one or even two deep colonies, I can have someone help out and just lift and move over. Colonies heavy with honey get broken down. Using the slide and replace technique makes short work of moving components around. A three hive stand also gives me a spot to put a split or a nuc or a third colony should I need the space quickly. The removable, slatted shelf is strong enough for anything and won't catch water or snow.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I agree wait until spring, during winter you won’t need them for mite control and disturbing the bees now when the weather is cold is counterproductive. The bees have worked hard to make there hive draft tight and will not be able to repair the propolis that you break apart. In spring when you are doing house cleaning of winter die off you can put them on.
    Don’t forget your mouse guards or they will plunder your hives below the cluster.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the advice guys. I wasn't looking forward to trying to pry off the hive bodies and move them around when things aren't warm anymore and everyone is "at home". Now it looks like I can deal with it when things get warmer again.

-Doug

Ravenseye, I love your signature quote. That is just awesome!

Thanks.....the wife still wants girls too! Jeeesh....
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"