Default beeswax tealites

I've purchased the metal bases for tealites. Does anyone have any hints for keeping the wick in the base from floating ? I havent tried yet but was curious about it.

Thanks
    Charlotte

you can fill them then add the wicks. The wick clips tend to stick to the bottom when you place them in. I use the rubber molds with the pins and add the wicks after

Never made tealites personally but I've read that a spot of hot glue will hold the wick tab down. I think that you would want to apply the the glue to the edge of the tab so that it doesn't interfere with the wax reaching the wick under the tab?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

ahh... I'll try that

I usually pour the wax in the cups, let them set up for a few minutes...just before the bottom starts hardening, then I press the wick with a tab of course, in. Works great.

Although.......I have been known to walk away from my projects and get distracted, only to come back and find my tealights (sometimes my votives too) completely hardened, with NO WICKS, LOL!!!
    ~What do you know there's so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive, Chase all the clouds from the sky~

We use those little glue dots that come in rolls. Fast and no glue guns to worry about.
    Sheri

Are the clear plastic tea lite cups feasible for beeswax or should I stick to the metal ?

I only use the clear plastic ones...I like to show off the beautiful golden color of natural beeswax. Save the metal ones for paraffin wax.
    ~What do you know there's so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive, Chase all the clouds from the sky~

Thats wonderful to know. I've filled my metal ones but I will buy plastic in the future !!

Thanks