Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

FYI,

Chuck came through for me today. I received the four queens that I had ordered early spring 2008. He sent me an email yesterday stating that he had upgraded my order to tier II queens. They were and they arrived in excellent condition (I wonder what it is that I get queens in better shape from the east coast than out of California?). I was worried like alot of others and thought I would never see my queens.

I hope Chuck is able to survive this ordeal and get his queen business back on stable ground again. I really enjoyed my phone conversations with him. I think he really probably is a sincere person who had a bad streak of luck with his bees that just about put him out of the bee business. I would be willing to try him again if he is willing to accept payment after I receive the queens. That sound fair. Trust

Spruce Bee

Default Update 2

I too received my 5 queens from Chuck Norton last week, also updated to Tier 2. So far so good with 4 readily accepted in splits and the fifth needing a push in cage in the original hive. Hopefully she will be accepted as well. Maybe Mr. Norton is turning a corner and getting his business back into order. The shipment was very well prepared and the queens all looked very healthy.

Default Re: Update 2

WOW! Am wanting Russian queens...Has anyone had any good experiences with this guy? I'm a few miles from him and it'd be nice if he's up and running now. If nobody has had any good experiences with him then I'll look elsewhere.

Default Re: Big Problems with Chuck Norton

Last I heard was that he was no longer selling Russians.
    I have not seen or heard from him in approx. 1 year. We were in the same Rockingham County Beekeepers Assoc. in NC. Haven't heard or seen him in a while.

He Emailed me when I posted on here looking for Russians.

Wow . . . I'm glad I found this thread on Chuck Norton. I had a very bad experience with a David Winters, owner of Long Creek Apiaries, so I found Norton's website and was going to try his queens . . . but not anymore! (I'll look for a local source now.) Thanks for posting this thread.

The original complaint is almost two years old.

Perhaps you could start a thread asking if anyone has purchased from him lately, and what their experience was.

I think some new input could be helpful...

I edited my other posting to remove Norton's name.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-02-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: don't quote the previous post!!!
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by WG Bee Farm View Post
    Last I heard was that he was no longer selling Russians.
    I have not seen or heard from him in approx. 1 year. We were in the same Rockingham County Beekeepers Assoc. in NC. Haven't heard or seen him in a while.
    http://mybeebusiness.com/

Not an evaluation of service - just for the sake of information.

Hopefully, he has been able to 'right the ship' so to speak.

Default Re: My experience with Chuck Norton

On his website:

"I am an initial member of the Russian Honeybee Breeders Association, Inc. and my entire breeding operation is currently certified and is set up per the established protocol of the RHBA."

I wonder what that means? I heard that he was no longer a member. I think this is an important point to know where the truth is. Is he saying "I am an initial member" but not telling you he no longer is?
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by sgwjr1979 View Post
    He Emailed me when I posted on here looking for Russians.
    How did he get your email address?
    Regards, Barry

Exclamation Re: My experience with Chuck Norton

I confirmed with the Russian Honeybee Breeders Association that Chuck is NOT a member. Buyer beware.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I confirmed with the Russian Honeybee Breeders Association that Chuck is NOT a member. Buyer beware.
    Are you saying that we shouldn't buy queens from anyone that isn't a member of the Russian Honeybee Breeder Association?

I'm saying that someone who advertises stuff that is not true . . . buyer beware!
    Regards, Barry

pay with a postal money order,then it's technally mail fraud,postal inspector will get involved

My first thought when I saw this post was, "I didn't know Chuck Norris kept honeybees." Then I read a little closer.........

Default Anyone had experience with Norton's Honey Farm

Looking for some good nucleus hives and queens for this year. Has anyone had any recent experience with Norton's Honey Farm?

Default Re: Anyone had experience with Norton's Honey Farm

Update on Nucs from Chuck Norton.

I met Chuck today and picked up two nucs. I was very impressed. Mr. Norton spent two hours with me. We went through each nuc, frame by frame. The nucs I picked up had an established queen, excellent brood patterns, and were absolutely heavy with bees and brood in all stages. Honestly, the nucs were better than what I expected. I expected 3 frames of brood and a frame or two of honey and pollen. What I received was 5 frames of brood with some of the frames having bands of pollen/honey.

I realize that a few people had some bad experiences a number of years ago. I can't speak for these people, but I felt like I received a lot for the cost. Sometimes Chuck is difficult to get hold of, but that seems to be typical with people working in the field. Originally, I was expecting the Nucs in late April or early May, but we had a very cold Spring so everything is delayed.

I would definitely purchase nucleus hives from Chuck in the future. Quality was great and the price was great too.
    3 years, 5 hives, zone 7B