Default top feeder for multiple nucs

I'm looking at overwintering 2 nucs in a full depth box split down the centre, that sit on a division board above the mother hive plus her honey box.

Does anyone have any ideas, photos, etc of a top feeder that I could use to feed both nucs at the same time but without them interfering with each other.

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by apizap View Post
    I'm looking at overwintering 2 nucs in a full depth box split down the centre, that sit on a division board above the mother hive plus her honey box.

Does anyone have any ideas, photos, etc of a top feeder that I could use to feed both nucs at the same time but without them interfering with each other.

Much appreciated
    Rip out a 16.25" x 20" 1/4" plywood cover. Using a skill saw, cut out two holes such that they will fit quart feeder jars

The Beemax polystyrene hive-top feeder is set up for exactly what you want to do. It has two openings that go to the same resevoir but with a central rib that keeps the bees separated all the way to the feed and back. It fits on 10 frame woodenware too.

On the Betterbee website there is a picture of a Beemax feeder that does not have the central divider. I think that is an old picture and the one that I have is the new design. I will try to get a picture or two and post them in a few hours after work today.

Default Feeders

Do what Megan said

I wonder, if you put an excluder on top of the double nuc box, so the bees couldn't cross under it and over the divider...you could put the feeder on top of the excluder.

Default Beemax pictures

Here are the pictures I promised. Sorry I did not get to it last night. I only noticed that you are in New Zeland after my initial post. I don't know if these are available in New Zeland or if shipping cost would make it an expensive solution. You may want to take the plywood route suggested in the other posts...

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=2039902

Quote Originally Posted by Carl F View Post
    pictures are not posting? would love to see them
    karla

Yep, says account is not active.
    De Colores,
    Ken

Default Reactivated account

I renewed my Village Photo account so hopefully this link will work again.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-9/1321425/2039902
    Carl

The Betterbee website still doesn't have updated pictures of the new beemax topfeeder. They do have it pictured in their 2009 magazine. There is a thick wall in the center of the feeder - from the entrance, over the lip, down to the syrup chamber - they designed it for feeding two nucs - haven't tried it yet - plan on getting a couple dozen for fall feeding.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional