Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I understand the pot could be dangerous but so could every other aspect of melting wax ! The biggest problem was I made an awful mess in the kitchen last night and being the "woman of the house" I didnt have anyone to fuss at

So I can put water in the bottom of the pot each time I use it and as long as I dont tip the pot I should always get wax through the spout ? Hmm...Will it (wax and water) seperate as it melts or do I have to heat it and let it sit several hours ?

charlotte

P.S.
    When someone has time... I wish you would do a tutorial thread on how to make your own molds.

Quote Originally Posted by cdanderson View Post
    When someone has time... I wish you would do a tutorial thread on how to make your own molds.

Sounds like a good topic for the chat room one night HM why dont you get that going

I only use water when I'm melting wax that is still a little dirty, like right out of the solar melter. Put some water in the pot, throw the wax in and when it's melted, shut off and unplug the pot and let it set untill the wax hardens. In cool weather I just place it outside the door.

When the wax is hard, open the valve and the dirty water drains out. Turn the pot over and the wax will come out since the pot is tapered and the wax also shrinks a little as it cools. Scrape what little dirt is left off the bottom of the wax and wipe the pot clean
    .Later throw the dry chunk of wax in without water. When it melts, run it through a filter into your pouring pot and pour your candles. I started out using a double boiler and stood there forever waiting for wax to melt so I could pour a few candles. When I put my presto pot together and tried it for the first time, I couldn't believe how much time it saved. It is really a pleasure to use.

Right now, I have coarse and fine filters set up so that my pouring pot sets in a bucket. The wax comes out the presto pot spout, goes through the filters and directly into the pouring pot. Any spills are caught in the bucket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12