Thread: Elgon Bees????

Default Elgon Bees????

Anyone has any experience with the Elgon bees? I heard that they are a new combination with the buckfast line and Monticola bees and sahariensis bees? I heard that this line was mainly breed to control varroa mite and better hygienic behaviours. They are supposed to be mostly used in canada and some parts of europe.
    Can anyone tell me how good they are in honey production, varroa and disease resistance, gentleness and over wintering?(if they have any other special qualities please add those too)
    If anyone has a picture of this strain it would be great..........

Tried them years ago in south germany mites ate them before the first fall. There is nothing special about then you will have to treat them like any other bees.
    Procrastination is the assassination of inspiration.
    www.customwoodkitsinternational.com

When i checked the elgon website it says they are varroa resistant and they dont need treatment. The photos in the site and the descriptions shows that they make large colonies.

I heard that the monticola bees are varroa ressistant and thats why they were used in the new combination which makes the elgon bees.....

I would like to know more about them in detail from different experiences from different people.

Please post your opinion if you have heard or used these bees