Default Mixed blessings in a bee yard

okay so this yard i went to today, (ours), i thought all the bees would be dead. turns out they are not. The land the bees are on was flooded out for near a month (mid August to mid September) . 8" to 12" of water standing. We just got the honey pulled today. I know late but we did not want to make ruts in a field that was not ours. Keep in mind that we usually wrap near halloween

So the mixed blessings:

The good:
    -not dead
    -lots of bees in 26 of 27 hives
    -healthy

The bad:
    -Not alot of capped brood in some
    -All and i say all hives re queened themselves at the same time, and have just started laying.
    -Each hive has anywhere of 1 side of a frame of eggs and larva to 2 frames of eggs and lara. Two hives have 4 each
    -late feeding so we are using rubber maid tubs to get the sugar water in PDQ as well as pail feeders.

I honestly did not want to treat. With so few brood and larva, I was worried the would die out before spring. I was willing to feed, but nothing else. I figured the feed, if the hives die could be used in other hives that are in other yards. Hubby said to feed just incase we have a real long fall and they turn out to be our best hives in the spring...here's hoping

So I hope they survive the winter, but i have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyshack View Post
    okay so this yard i went to today, (ours), i thought all the bees would be dead. turns out they are not. The land the bees are on was flooded out for near a month (mid August to mid September) . 8" to 12" of water standing.

So I hope they survive the winter, but i have my doubts.
    I hope you are as pleasantly surprised in the spring as you were this fall!
    Live life with gusto, having no regrets, being thankful every day, and cherish each moment as it happens.

What a nice surprise. I hope they do well over the winter for you.
    Mac
    Don't worry Bee happy

I guess my first thought was why pull all the honey. After all they went through I might have left them with enough that I wouldn't have had to feed.