Default bees wax confusion

im a new bee keeper and i would like my main hive output is to be beeswax. how am i to do this? i know the cell cappings when extracting honey yelds a fair amount of wax but i would like more. and i would like my bees to be 100% responsible for it, like not the stuff that comes on new frames. would making an extra large "deep" thing make the bees want to expand thier hive that extra foot or so?

Do some research on "Top Bar Hives". I think you'll find them to be interesting, as most (if not all) of the wax is produced by the bees themselves.

One option might be to let the bees draw out the wax and keep your frames managed so that the pure wax drawn frames get filled with honey. Then instead of extracting, do crush and strain. You'd get all the honey and all the wax too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyDS View Post
    Do some research on "Top Bar Hives". I think you'll find them to be interesting, as most (if not all) of the wax is produced by the bees themselves.

yeah i read fair amount about them but as a whole it seems a bit complected, at least for me, so could one just have a normal langstroth Deep(s) but have like the top bar method but only for the supers? that way you could either harvest extracted honey or comb w/ out differnt comb honey supers?

the simplicity of a top bar is just about any thing can work. look at these pics

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222685

i can not see if you only have langstroth hive it couldn't work. just leave the foundation out, except for a strip on the top bar to get them started.
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    i can not see if you only have langstroth hive it couldn't work. just leave the foundation out, except for a strip on the top bar to get them started.
    haha im sorry but i dont quite understand your reply. are you saying what i said could work? if that is what your saying then shouldnt one leave just a bit of the foundation left so as to be a blue print for the bees to build the rest of the comb?... well i guess they made perfectly fine combs for hundereds of years by themselves

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfoundationless.htm

Maybe this link will help? It's how to let the bees draw out their wax without using foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMarler View Post
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfoundationless.htm

Maybe this link will help? It's how to let the bees draw out their wax without using foundation.
    hey thanks man, that clarifyed quite a bit for me....i was getting a bit confused

how much bee wax on aveage do you get from one hive?

Quote Originally Posted by 1reb View Post
    how much bee wax on aveage do you get from one hive?
    umm idk just started as much as you can get from the cappings of two medium honey supers (and the occassional burr and brace comb)