Thread: Wasps all over

Default Wasps all over

Do you have increased number of wasps? They are all over where I live. They are such a pest!

Quote Originally Posted by pcelar View Post
    Do you have increased number of wasps? They are all over where I live. They are such a pest!

I have paper wasp everywhere. I was out at the bee yard yesterday and the wasp were all over the goldenrod. Don't see many yellow jackets. Thank god.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

we have all your yellow jackets here if you want i can send them back if you well give me your address

Quote Originally Posted by saltcube View Post
    we have all your yellow jackets here if you want i can send them back if you well give me your address
    I'm looking up my bosses address right now. I will let you know where to send them.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Quote Originally Posted by pcelar View Post
    It's that time of year. Their numbers build up slowly over the summer so that when winter arrives there are enough of them that a few will survive the cold time.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

It ain't necessarily so sqkcrk,

Actually only the queen wasp (I`m talking yellow jackets here) survive the winter. She goes sort of dormant in a protected hole or spot. All the workers die of cold in the fall. Come spring time, the queen starts to build a small nest (about the size of a house key) and lays a few eggs. When these hatch they take over building the nest and the queen resumes her egg laying. As their numbers grow the paper nest gets bigger. Eventually they swarm and a new mated queen goes into stasis the next fall, and the whole thing starts again.

You can learn more at:
    Wasps
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you`ll be among the stars!