Hybrid View

Default Bees won't touch the honey

I spun some capped honey the other day, and left the extracting tools outside for the bees to clean up. Well, after a couple of days there was no signs of bees on the equiptment. Yesterday I found the bees on a bright pink coral vine, so I put a tray wright under where they were feeding. I never saw one bee interested in the honey. My only guess is that we must have a great fall honey flow going on. What are your thoughts?
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

must be somethin out there they like better than the honey.

Yep, sounds like you gotta good nectar flow going on.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

we are having a bit of a flow from a shrub that I have yet to identify. at one time I though it was privet... it seems to bloom two week or so after a good rain.

My what-I-think-is-privet blooms in July up here. Not to say you don't have a different variety. Tiny white flowers, makes berries that only the cedar waxwings will eat.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

We have a small flow going on now as well. A second (rare) sweet clover bloom just finished and the chamisa is peaking. Its amazing what a couple inches of rain can do...