Default cordovan drone eviction

I noticed lots of dead, yellow drones in front of the cordovan hives I have while the russian and purvis brothers colonies have no dead drones. Is this a trait of cordovan bees to remove drones early? Seems early for north Texas.
    Ben

Default Casanova bees.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Haning View Post
    I noticed lots of dead, yellow drones in front of the cordovan hives I have while the russian and purvis brothers colonies have no dead drones. Is this a trait of cordovan bees to remove drones early? Seems early for north Texas.
    Ben
    Naw, those just Italian Casanova bees got caught with their shoes under the wrong bed.
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.

Most seasons here in Tucson, drones aren't even evicted as they are in colder climates, they just stop raising them and the old ones die-off. Their are usually a few drones hanging on until about February, and some colonies start raising them again in late February or early March. Most of my colonies are Cordovan Italian, though a few are not. I have not noticed an obvious difference in behavior towards drones.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni