Almost all of us are "allergic" to honebee stings. The difference is in degree of reaction, whether the reaction is local or systemic, and if the reaction is life threatening.
I had an unusually severe local reaction (for me) to a sting this year and did a lot of research. Not only is each sting different, so is the "mood" of your immune system. I had just come off a wicked virus when I was stung. My hand looked like a bright red balloon animal, and I though the skin on the back of my had was going to split.
I read a recent paper that showed evidence that we all are capable of a severe systemic reaction at any time and that many (not all) people labeled as "allergic" really aren't; they just got hit on their lucky day. The Dr. also presented evidence that many (not all) allergic reactions were actually panic attacks.
One paper, one doctor's research and opinion.
Milton Township, Michigan (near South Bend, Indiana)