Default Formic acid pad?

Is it too late to use chemicals by Oct1 to start regiment
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

Nope. Watch your temps.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

No itís not, the effective temperature is when daytime temperature is between 50 to 80 degrees. Watch you donít go over 80 in the first 4 to five days. So you will need to watch the weather and plan when you can get a stretch below 80 degrees.

I have had good results using Mite-AwayII as part of my integrated pest management program. Formic acid is also effective against tracheal mites, they have seemed to have dropped off the radar of late because of other problems in the beekeeping world. But they can still crash a colony, and should be considered in a IPM scheme. Formic acid has also shown positive control for Nosema as well.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Thanks for the replys, I dont want to use chemicals, but I have to on 1 of my hives. I will wait until honey supers are fully capped, remove them and treat my colony.

Even thou the other hives are doing well, should I treat them also to be on the safe side?

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMBEE View Post
    Even thou the other hives are doing well, should I treat them also to be on the safe side?
    yes

Gilman

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMBEE View Post
    and don't wait to long, it is getting cold fast. Take the supers and extract. Nothing is going to change any more in that direction (capping of the suppers), we are having frost warnings.

Thanks Gil, I am gonna get right on it. It seems in this day and age everything needs a little extra help to survive.

Sure...I would treat any yard as a whole unless you have some pretty mitigating circumstances that prevent you from doing so. If that uncapped honey is tight in the cells (shake and see if it sprays out), you can extract before the honey is capped. It doesn't take the worlds hardest shake to find out. If the nectar is thin and you snap the frame downward to see how cured it is, the thin nectar will be all over your feet! Extractable, but uncapped honey will still be in the cells.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"