Default Rethinking a past event

Recently i have been looking around at all that CCD stuff and came to realization that i could have experienced it too. Earlier this year I had a nice double deep hive that was just booming. Since i had to leave my bee yard for a couple months i inspected it right before i left and found a that a handful of adult bees had varroa mites on them. So i medicated them( i cant remember what i used. it was some sort of white past that a local beek gave me) and went on. After 3 months, i came back to a completely empty hive without any sign of dead bees. There was also no honey in the combs. Can anyone help me pinpoint what could of happened? My ideas are mite infestation, absconding, ore maybe even CCD?

...or the results of an unknown dosage of an unknown substance that you put in the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by deknow View Post
    ...or the results of an unknown dosage of an unknown substance that you put in the hive.
    Really... I wouldn't give them anything I didn't know what it was, and what it was for.

Also... might they just packed up and left because you put something in there?

I don't believe varroa mites would be considered CCD.

I know what I believe CCD is from and others might disagree. I think it is the spray they use to control insects on their fruits and vegetables. When the bee gets that on them they become disoriented and they never make it back to the hive.