Default cut-out; maybe sprayed

So what does one do if asked to get the bees out of a log, on the ground, that looks like it may have been sprayed? The end has a large opening, so I can get to the comb, but there are not a lot of bees, and many dead.
    I'd like to help them out, and not say forget it, but I am not sure of my options.
    Thanks,
    Howard

if spraying is a good possibility then "just say no" is the proper approach.

at this point in your season I am not certain what you might be salvaging???

however... a lot of time if a log hits the ground and shatters, the nest is oftentimes opened up and becomes a victim of serious robbing? this might also explain the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by hfrysinger View Post
    So what does one do if asked to get the bees out of a log, on the ground, that looks like it may have been sprayed?
    Walk no run the other way. If they have been sprayed there isnt much hope for them. If you bring them home you are taking a chance on contaminating your other hives

Even if they haven't been sprayed, it is late enough that there is little chance of nursing them through the winter, assuming your profile is correct. If not a healthy vigorous hive then don't bother, they are going to die either way, no point in wasting a lot of effort for nothing.

Unless it sounds like fun .

I do feel I should help people out with bee issues whenever I can. Being so late in the year is one of the dilemmas - what can I do with a few bees.
    This may be my last adventure like this.

I wouldnt worry about helping these people out with there bee issues. They wasnt concerned about the bees to begin with or they wouldnt have sprayed them. IMO leave them alone until spring. The bees will be going dormant in a month or so and shouldnt be a problem. If they make it thru the winter than you can deal with them then