View Poll Results: Who does and doesn't use the Tailgater Forum?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't post in Tailgater now, but I would if religion and politics were banned from it.

33 34.74%
  • I post in Tailgater now where religion and politics are allowed to be discussed.

62 65.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tailgater 1

I never visit tailgater, simply because I have no interest in discussing anything there. I have very strong religious and political beliefs. But I have to wonder, why anyone would discuss such issues on a beekeeping forum? That said, I also have to ask why anyone would remove it. Does it cause problems for some reason? Do these discusions usually end in arguments? If so, remove it, if not, leave it.

This poll is tainted and bogus, just by being associated and connected with the other poll. Some are outright lying about claims of never visiting tailgater. So of course this brings into question the answers given here also. A simple search of a couple people claiming to "never read or participate" in tailgater are liars. Sorry if that sound tough. But fibbing and bending the truth does not apply.

A simple search of the profiles (bring up "list of all posts) of a couple people who claimed to never read and/or never participate in tailgater simply proves that they are lying.

So much for the high and mighty claiming "I'm too good for tailgater". It might be the message....but its tainted with lies!

PS....indiana posted right before this. And since this follows...I want to make sure that it be stated that indianahoney is correct in the statements made. Indiana has never participated in tailgater.

[QUOTE=BjornBee;352489]This poll is tainted and bogus, just by being associated and connected with the other poll. Some are outright lying about claims of never visiting tailgater. So of course this brings into question the answers given here also. A simple search of a couple people claiming to "never read or participate" in tailgater are liars. Sorry if that sound tough. But fibbing and bending the truth does not apply.

A simple search of the profiles (bring up "list of all posts) of a couple people who claimed to never read and/or never participate in tailgater simply proves that they are lying.

So much for the high and mighty claiming "I'm too good for tailgater". It might be the message....but its tainted with lies!

[QUOTE]

Who is lying? Post both their postings... in tailgate and the other stating that have never. Is it just one or two? Or is it many that we need to really see. My guess it is one or two. Some people are liars... we can't control that. I.E.- People wanting your vote. lol

>>>>So much for the high and mighty claiming "I'm too good for tailgater". It might be the message....but its tainted with lies!

It's just one or two... big deal...

snip...

religion and politics

tecumseh: my prejudice is it is somewhat a measure of a person to not be luke warm about either...

[QUOTE=Eaglerock;352490 [QUOTE] Who is lying? Post both their postings... in tailgate and the other stating that have never. Is it just one or two? Or is it many that we need to really see. My guess it is one or two. Some people are liars... we can't control that. I.E.- People wanting your vote. lol /[QUOTE]

You know me by now. I'm not one to point fingers at the individuals.

Barry I'm sure has a way of seeing the internals of those who voted which way, and take that into account of how many of them are not telling the truth. So yes, we can not control that (lying), but its also nice to get a more accurate profile of the results by achnowledging and adjusting for such dishonest folks. And I bet some never thought someone would lie anyways. So it helps to keep the information above board, and clarify the end result.

BjornBee said "So yes, we can not control that (lying), but its also nice to get a more accurate profile of the results by achnowledging and adjusting for such dishonest folks"
    Golly Mr BjornBee I surely don't want to offend you or anyone else but you sure seem to have an irrational way of viewing things.

You do a search of tailgater ,you see someone who says they don't read or post in that forum had visited it several times prior to saying they don't use it. You then commence to call them a liar which is absurd, how in heck would a person know that he/she did not like the forum if he/she had not visited the forum several time to review the contents. I looked at it several times, saw the trash and trooling posts and decided it was not something I wanted to participate in. I am here as I said for information on bees not the opinions of some illogical thinking people so I can TRUTHFULLY state I do not read or post in Tailgater.

I'm glad Barry put the forum near the bottom of the list where it is easy to avoid.

Romahawk, this is what I think Bjorn is referring to.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/sear...earchid=955806

8 posts in tailgator by Romahawk, but he didn't put them there. I wonder who did??? :confused:

Hi Iddee, clicked on your link and got this message, "Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

No matter, I have already said I tried out the forum several times. If I did not try it how would I know it is one that I have no interest in?

I think this shall be my last response to this subject. I tried using the forum, found that I did not like the subject matter of most of the post or the tone of some of the responses. I'll stick to those with usable information on beekeeping.

I've been surfing the internet since Al Gore invented it and I know when a forum is inhabited by Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by miele View Post
    I don't get it. If you don't like all the political and religious threads in tailgator, just don't read them! I personally enjoy seeing all the various perspectives of my fellow citizens. The best citizen is the kind that cares, argues for his cause, and takes action.

While I may tend to agree, doing so in a place and manner where it actually means accomplishing something seems to make more sense. No?

I hardly think that "Beesource" is the appropriate public forum for either and likely draws few if any to the site for it's "thoughtful insight" found in the gater.

I do occasionally pass through the gater and find nothing much other than either politics or religion and while it's fun for a chuckle now and then. It usually grows annoying quickly, much like watching school yard kids bickering and fighting. Coming from what would be adults I'm assuming?

I have found that a lot of beeks are like minded and have similar interests and would like to see more in the way of non-bee related topics. But they usually are pushed off the bottom of the page in short order before many if any responses are made. And usually by the professional tailgaters that appear to watch the topics and post to them all day, everyday.

Another observation is that it seems most of the gater regulars rarely if ever have anything to say in the beek forums? But then heaven knows we don't need those "debating skills" in those forums!!

I joined Beesource for a reason and it had nothing to do with either of the afore mentioned topics. I don't have any problem with other topics being integrated and enjoyed. I actually don't think I would find it enjoyable to be confined to "only" beekeeping. Having related topics I find both interesting and a means of finding common ground with others, which is always a good thing.

Politics and religion can both be very inflammatory and divisive and often are. And while I strongly feel they both have their place in our lives, I also believe that they have their own time and place. And I don't particularly find that this is the place for it. There are literally millions of places both needs can be filled.

SO, I guess I will be casting a Nea on this ballot.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Sorry the link died. It just shows you posted in 8 threads on tailgater. 2 in 2005, 2 in 2006, 4 in 2008. Most of them NOT political, but a couple were. I would think a fellow could decide what a forum consisted of just by reading it. I don't see the need for posting in it just to decide if he likes it or not. Posting usually means someone wants to participate.

Me troll, never....I only bank fish.

Near as I can tell there are three people who say they do not use Tailgater on this thread, 4 if you count Romahawk - but that is not really what he is saying. IF you were to use the search function on those three user names - how many have posted there?

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Romahawk...I have no idea what you are talking about. I never posted anything about others lying, never implied it was about you, and honestly don't know where this is coming from. Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else? I have no idea where you were able make up qoutes like that and attach my user name to comments like that. Something smells fishy about this whole thing.

"I read and posted before I didn't read and post!"

Seems it works for others. Figured I try it also.

Is it working?

Quote Originally Posted by BjornBee View Post

Is it working?
    Nope.

Keith

Default isn't this just a poll?

Isn't this just a poll? Take the arguments over to tailgater. I'll be over in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by berkshire bee View Post
    Isn't this just a poll? Take the arguments over to tailgater. I'll be over in a minute
    I don't think anyone's arguing - I just can follow BB.

Keith

Tailgator is the trailer trash of this forum, it is the reason many a good member left and why I do not regurlary visit here anymore. The choices of the poll are too narrow and i really do not care where i post this.
    Procrastination is the assassination of inspiration.
    www.customwoodkitsinternational.com

If many a member has left then I'd like to know who they are. I believe this would be a beg the question arguement. Speaking of that, did anyone read that interesting post on the tailgater about forms of arguements? It was fascinating to me.

Does anyone know of a similar site to beesource that a beek could go to as an alternate to beesource? I know 2 sites without as much help, features, or sharing. They also have too many rules that inhibit sharing.

It might be an oversimplified arguement or understanding of things. Years ago there were a bunch of people so concerned with rules and procedures that they killed the one thought to be the savior of mankind.

Someone mentioned the word trolls to describe folks here. I find some of the discussion on tailgetor interesting but some of the social/political/economic discussions seem to get dominated by a few individuals. When this happens, the sense I get through the wires is that it does not benefit me to participate any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKI View Post
    it is the reason many a good member left
    Left the forum or left the site? And if the site, how about backing up your claim with user names.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Left the forum or left the site? And if the site, how about backing up your claim with user names.
    Barry, this is a comment I made awhile ago, after the same type attack comments in regards to beesource. It applied then, and applies now.

>>>>>I do see a couple comments about the nature of the original posts, and the denigrating manner that it seems to suggest that other contributions are less than worthy. That somehow we would be better off not wasting time until MB speaks on the topic. Something that MB himself has rebutted.

I think the real damage in any thread, is those that seem not to understand the nature of an open forum. I have seen the same pattern now several times. (To sit back and make comments about an individual or the forum in general.) It seems to me that alot of personal issues, some mean-spirited bias, and the same M.O. has been seen now several times lately.

The damage to beesource is not from anyone expressing their views. It is from the poster that continues to express how beesource has gone down hill, how its not worthy any longer, that others do nothing but contribute useless ranting, and remind us that a few have left from time to time, like that does not happen on any forum.

If I was Barry, I would be more concerned about the open attitude and continual trashing of beesource, instead of the differing viewpoints. Its a real shame that we have to be reminded of such matters every-time someone has a beef or personal gripe. If I was Barry, I would ask people to be positive towards beesource or move on. But to allow this type comments, that beesource is no longer a great site for whatever reason, is truly the most damaging of all.>>>>>

They are taken from this thread.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ht=left&page=3

If you read #26, and #29, you will see this is a pattern, that has been repeated.
    Last edited by BjornBee; 09-14-2008 at 07:47 AM.

Bjorne never passes up a chance to take a shot at me as we already know there is something about me that rubs him the wrong way. Some day Barry I will do the leg work and provide those user names I just have to ask on a couple of different forums/lists and wait. The total truth of the matter is that there are members that thrive on conflict (Bjorne for one) that need the TG forum as a personal playground. Another fact is the two main things that drive men apart are religion and politics [edit by mod] they are responsible for most wars. The last fact is that hosting the TG forum is the difference between being a perfectly healthy bee forum or one with a spot of cancer that surgery could fix.

Contrary to the lies Bjorne would have everyone believe NO ONE I know of is trashing the forum as a whole just the trailer trash section of cancer that needs to be excised.

There are enough forums on politics and religion and any other subject you want to argue about that would love to have more members. The forum would be much more professional if it just stuck to bees.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-14-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: profanity
    Procrastination is the assassination of inspiration.
    www.customwoodkitsinternational.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast