View Poll Results: Who does and doesn't use the Tailgater Forum?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't post in Tailgater now, but I would if religion and politics were banned from it.

33 34.74%
  • I post in Tailgater now where religion and politics are allowed to be discussed.

62 65.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgater 1

Default Tailgater 1

"Those two topics [politics and religion] keep a lot of people out of tailgater"

Let's find out if you're right.
    Regards, Barry

Barry, the results might not be accurate because people who are not visiting tailgater are likely not going down to everything else. I think you should put a sticky post in Beekeeping Forum and Beekeeping 101 and a link to this poll. Otherwise I think you would not get a fair representation of the members.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Question

The poll's a good idea, but, not enough choices.

I will check the one that says, "I would enjoy Tailgator if there was no politics or religion discussed".

Could there be a Trashgator just for P&R that did not pop up on the New Posts list?
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Quote Originally Posted by magnet-man View Post
    I think you should put a sticky post in Beekeeping Forum
    Done!!
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BULLSEYE BILL View Post
    Could there be a Trashgator just for P&R that did not pop up on the New Posts list?
    I'm not aware of a control that would let me do this.
    Regards, Barry

Thanks Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BULLSEYE BILL View Post
    The poll's a good idea, but, not enough choices.

I will check the one that says, "I would enjoy Tailgator if there was no politics or religion discussed".
    I agree with Bill on this. This poll should be killed before too many vote and redone with this choice.

:confused:

I'm not sure I understand the need to start over. This poll was started and define based solely upon your comment. If it gets broadened, we'll never know if your comment was true or not. I think the Tailgater 2 poll will give us/me further insight to the membership about Tailgater. I may post yet another poll to fine tune things after these two polls have had some time.
    Regards, Barry

I neither read nor post in tailgater. I personaly see no need for such a forum, I'm here for bee information not peoples rambling opinions about the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Those two topics [politics and religion] keep a lot of people out of tailgater"

Let's find out if you're right.
    The poll should really be:

Do the political and religious post in tailgater keep you from visiting the tailgater fourm?

Yes
    No

The logic is that if people visit they are more likely to post if they are there. You can't post and share if you don't visit.

I post in Tailgater now, but would rather like it if religion and politics were banned from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romahawk View Post
    I neither read nor post in tailgater. I personaly see no need for such a forum, I'm here for bee information not peoples rambling opinions about the rest of the world.
    You have now.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

I don't get it. If you don't like all the political and religious threads in tailgator, just don't read them! I personally enjoy seeing all the various perspectives of my fellow citizens. The best citizen is the kind that cares, argues for his cause, and takes action.

You ought to also add I don't visit Tailgaters at all regardless.

I haven’t and don't plan to use tailgater. There is not option on the poll for this therefore I won’t vote. I agree with the folks that don't believe a beekeeping forum should be anything other than just that. I would suggest that if people want to discuss ANYTHING other than valid beekeeping issues they can simply go to another forum. I see the hate and contention that is fostered in the tailgater forum spill over to all the other forums. I am afraid human nature is such that if you disagree on things like religion and politics then you will have a hard time agreeing on beekeeping. I see this happen all the time at work and in the family. Get rid of the tailgater and then you don’t need to make controversial decisions on whether to censor on not censor it.
    \"The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.\" - Mark Twain

>>>>I haven’t and don't plan to use tailgater. There is not option on the poll for this therefore I won’t vote.<<<<

This is why we need more choices. I'm thinking many WILL vote, just because they don't use tailgater and still won't use it if it is changed to exclude R&P.

Those shouldn't be voting at all. Leave the voting for the ones that actually fit one of the two categories.

I thought tailgater was started to keep P&R out of the other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerock View Post
    I post in Tailgater now, but would rather like it if religion and politics were banned from it.

You are kidding, right? If you don't like the banter, why are you in the middle of it? It takes all types...

MM

Quote Originally Posted by miele View Post
    The best citizen is the kind that cares, argues for his cause, and takes action.
    My wife would agree with you... you want her? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MapMan View Post
    You are kidding, right? If you don't like the banter, why are you in the middle of it? It takes all types...

MM
    You are kidding right?
    Roll your eyes all you want...I will just roll them back... I will rephrase it for you... Yes I do post in it... and yes I am in the middle of it...why because I have my views too. But I am also understanding of others. So a tailgate 2 would be what, in my view, we need. One that doesn't come up with the other lists of posts and if we choose to click on that, then we are wanting to go there. Yes or no? So to answer your question, NO I am not kidding!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast