Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tailgator 2? Barry! You da man! I might not have to bannish myself afterall!

Maybe call it Trashgator?
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Is there a way to turn off Tailgater???
    One little click does it. I'll wait to see what the polls show before I do anything.
    Regards, Barry

If you decide not to ban religion and politics, it would be nice if you created a non-political/religion tailgater. It wouldn't not make everyone happy but it would solve the problem for some without quelling the religious and politics discussions for others. It would be like the smoking lunch room that some companies have.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Ed Zachry!
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

warning! i have been on other beekeeping groups that gag a comment. you even mention shooting a skunk to keep them out of your hive you will be banned. if you criticize the ministry of ag. you will get banned. think about what would be next, top hive bar? photo gallery?
    think of tailgater as entertainment. i have seen some very funny things there. and maybe it keeps things interesting, so people will come back just to see whats going on
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"

I come to this site to learn and talk about bees and beekeeping. I don’t want Political, 2nd amendment, Religion views and other topics in my face. I can go to other groups specific for those topics if I choose.

I would like to be able to turn off the tailgater on my end so they’re not in the way of the intended forum of bees and beekeeping. If I can’t do that then my vote is to turn tailgater off. Let the few who want to discuss things other than bees and beekeeping go to the appropriate website to do so.

Orion
    Freedom and Liberty

When I go to school I take entomology to learn about insects. I don’t sit in the class to be thought other topics. I take political science, the history of religion and modern debate specifically to learn and discuss those topics.

Enough said. Sorry for the rant…

Orion
    Freedom and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    think of tailgater as entertainment. i have seen some very funny things there. and maybe it keeps things interesting, so people will come back just to see whats going on
    I think what they are going for is to keep your entertainment, and ban the Political/Religous items that will offend others. Political/Religous views are not always a right or wrong view, but a personal view. Better to keep it at that. Bashing someones Political/Religous views doesn't accomplish anything.

Keep TG the way it is. If you don't want to be 'insulted' or whatever by reading the posts, don't read them. Better yet, realize that it's just someone else's opinion. We all have them.

What's next? The TBH section or the Commercial section?
    The bees know!
    AKA Wormtounge

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Keep TG the way it is. If you don't want to be 'insulted' or whatever by reading the posts, don't read them. Better yet, realize that it's just someone else's opinion. We all have them.

What's next? The TBH section or the Commercial section?
    Amen Bodo. Let's not restrict speech, nor should we Tailgaterites be discrimonated against because we like to discuss things other than Bee related topics. If someone doesn't like Tailgater don't read it.

Do the folks who think that Tailgater should be deleted complain to their cable or satilite company about all of the channels that they don't like? If they do, they probably still have them but don't use them. Same here.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by RayMarler View Post
    Tailgater has much more than politics and religion, and I vote to keep it. I just posted a reply for back yard birdwatching myself.

I use the new posts feature myself and have no problem seeing if a thread is from tailgater or not, and I can choose to read or not.
    I agree with Ray. I got some good advice about computers and apple trees from Tailgater. No one forces you to open the threads. Sometimes I open one and regret it, but it was my own darn fault.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    One little click does it. I'll wait to see what the polls show before I do anything.
    I meant a way for an individual to turn it off for themselves.

I pretty much agree with odfrank, I use the new post feature like he doe's.

Although about once a month I do see a story in tailgater that I enjoy. So if it where possible I would remove it from my search, but I'd still have to check it occasionally when I had extra time.

Dan
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12