Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there a way to turn off Tailgater???

I come to this bulletin board to read about bees, not the right wing rantings and ravings of politically opinionated beekeepers. When I click "New Posts", I have to wade through a lot of posts that have nothing to do with beekeeping. Barry, please open a separate board for Tailgater, or give us a way to skip it. Lets keep church, state, politics and beekeeping separate.

Sad

Oddly enough I'm in complete agreement with Odfrank, (subsututing Left for Right).

I stated in another thread that I feel less willing to associate with or help advise some people after seeing their ugly side. The visceral from the left is sickening.

Perhaps if there was a complete and total ban on politics and religion?
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Default amen

banish all the politics.......CANADIAN ELECTION called in first week of sept,..... election day is oct 14, short and sweet compared to USA

Maybe it would help to look at the list of channels like on a TV.

There are channels that you like and those you don't.....you KNOW which ones you DON'T like and as such avoid them.

You KNOW you don't like Tailgater so....just don't look at it.

Or, as Barry stated (something similar before)....the presence of Tailgater keeps a lot of this stuff out of some of the other forums.
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Killing tailgater was tried before. The garbage just spilled over into the other forums.

Tailgater can be useful, threads can be ignored, and people's true self can sometimes be seen. Let's keep it.

Laugh at some, pity a few, and ignore the rest.

I agree we should make it a place in never never land. Where we never have to see it if we don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    Laugh at some, pity a few, and ignore the rest.
    oh, ok......

[quote=iddee;352109 The garbage just spilled over into the other forums.[/quote]

If it spills into other forums we can flag it to be deleted, or ban the offenders.

Oh come on guys.

I never use the "new post" feature, as I usually just quickly bring up each forum. That way I can scan the first page posts, which usually include new posts and the more popular ongoing discussions.

So for the first time, I brought up the "new post" feature. All the new posts are there. Now how hard is it to say to yourself "Here is one in Beekeeping 101..I guess I'll open that....and the next one is in tailgater...guess I'll skip that. Geesh. How hard is that?

Its not hard at all. I just come here because I love beekeeping, not to be reminded that there is "the other Side". If I want to read subversive politics, I can got to the appropriate site. When I came on this evening, there were probably ten political posts to avoid. Who needs it?

I suggested when the forum was first redone that tailgater be split into two parts. One for religion and politics and another one for everything else like fishing, hobbies, etc. I absolutely hate the tailgate forum because of the ugliness in it. I think the religion and politics tends to poison the rest of the forums. By being ugly on those two divisive subjects, people really my not want to hear what you say on beekeeping. I would enjoy Beesource a lot more if politics and religion were banned. If someone ignores the ban, delete the message and warn them the 1st time, ban them for a week the 2nd time and 2 weeks the 3rd, etc. The key is consistency
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Tailgater has much more than politics and religion, and I vote to keep it. I just posted a reply for back yard birdwatching myself.

I use the new posts feature myself and have no problem seeing if a thread is from tailgater or not, and I can choose to read or not. Are some of you saying that you don't know how to use personal disgression for choosing what you would like or not like to read? I believe in peaceful free speech, and I can choose whether or not I want to listen in.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by RayMarler View Post
    Tailgater has much more than politics and religion, and I vote to keep it. I just posted a reply for back yard birdwatching myself.

I believe in peaceful free speech, and I can choose whether or not I want to listen in.
    I just went to tailgater and there were only two post that I would consider non political or religious. Those two topics keep a lot of people out of tailgater and thus there are no other post other than the above. When you get right down to it a very small group of users are responsible for the condition of tailgater.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

I think many are confusing negative views on political groups or ideology, and think that its all fighting between beesource members. There is occasional personal comments, and they are usually dealt with. But how are you to get the passion, views, and ideas of the other side. By watching Fox on one side and Olberman on the other? This is a place for some to come enjoy, and debate, whether with passion or views that are different from the next.

Odfrank himself plays into the attacks on the other side, by suggest in the opening post that its right wing "ranting and raving". And I find this all ironic that in a post calling for Barry to yet again make changes to a great board, because someone can not filter out a list of threads, all the while adding his own little political views and jabs.

I see this request to once again change beesource as nothing more than "ranting and raving" by a group of people who apparently can not just ignore a political thread, and would rather "whine and complain".

I hope if calling one's comments "ranting and raving" is found appropriate, I hope "whining and complaining" will not hurt anyone's feelings on the matter.

Is there any way I can filter out a post that has a bunch of people whining and complaining? I find it irritating that these people can not use a little effort in just skipping over some unwanted threads, and would rather make another post on the matter. I think these whiners and complainers, who label beesource as something negative, should be warned once, then kicked off a week on the second offense, etc.

I agree with the original poster. I don't like all that crud in with beekeeping new posts, even if I agree with the posts or not.

I would like to see it taken out of the "New Posts". But it may not be possible, and that is fine too.

Sure I can ignore them if I want, but it is distracting and takes time and takes away from the BEEKEEPING website.

It reminds me of the "special" room in the back of the video store. Everybody knows its there. Some people like that stuff and can use it if they want. But I don't want that smut mixed in with all of the other titles if I just want to browse.

And the stuff in tailgater is that much more intense in the fall, especially with a prez election...

Whatever...I like the site and appreciate the time and efforts that are put into it for our reading pleasure.

I look at it this way if rush jr was band it would bee a lot more peaceful!!!!
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    I look at it this way if rush jr was band it would bee a lot more peaceful!!!!

Yeah...A rock and roll band!

Yes, I think we should throw a greater workload on Barry to keep a few from having to think before opening a thread. Make him spend more time trying to quell a dispute between a few 40+ year old kindergarteners. Let's get him to sit at the computer 24/7 and babysit a few that can't use self control.

Make it rough on him. He has no life of his own, just the duty of babysitting us.

Personally, I think the site is here. If you want to use it, use it. If not, there's other sites on the web. BYE!!!

This is exactly why tailgater is important...

This thread started, although with a touch of name calling itself, by a simple request asking if there was a way to "block" certain type threads. Then it progress into catagorizing the threads by to which one seems to want to control. Now it borders on comments of banning certain discussions, and certain people with differing opinions.

Maybe there is a reason some should hang out on tailgater and possibly learn something. It seem basic common sense and freedoms are being suggested tramped upon, not because of specific instances, but by broadly stroking labels of those who may have different views, opinions, and ideas.

So Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by BjornBee View Post
    I find it irritating that these people can not use a little effort in just skipping over some unwanted threads, and would rather make another post on the matter. I think these whiners and complainers, who label beesource as something negative, should be warned once, then kicked off a week on the second offense, etc.
    I admit it, I'm a Tailgatoroholic. I know it's bad for me. I know it's ruining my relationships with otherwise good people. I can't help myself. I love a good pissing contest! Dear god, please relieve me from this addiction and keep the extremist leftist wackos from poisoning me any further.

OK, that's three strikes against me, I banish myself. Where's the meeting room?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast