Default Welcome To Wednesday

This showed up in my in-box today.

>>Subject: [AIA_L] Bayer Insecticide

Well it looks like Bayer in their infinite wisdom have replaced Neonicotinoids, that have gone off patent, with something even better. Short story is that the label is attached. This new systemic pesticide Movento is much more robust in that it can move in the plant vascular system in all directions. Take a look under the heading “Environmental Hazards” a read the warning that this material can appear in the pollen and nectar and effect honey bee larval development. And if that is not good enough look at “Application Information” that the material can affect adult female (queen) fertility.

Welcome to Wednesday.<<

I recieved that in my inbox as well along with the 13 page destruction manual....as if we do not face enough challenges..

here is a link to the 13 page label
    http://www.agrian.com/pdfs/MOVENTO_Label.pdf

also in the "Application Information" it states that it can affect adult female (queen) fertility.

some more info about it
    http://www.bayercropscienceus.com/pr...s/movento.html
    Movento utilizes a unique new active ingredient with a new mode of action, Lipid Biosynthesis Inhibitor (LBI), from a newer chemical class, the Tetramic acids. It is active by ingestion against immature insects feeding on treated plants. In addition, studies have also shown significant impact on exposed female adults by reducing fecundity and survival of offspring, providing more effective overall reduction in pest pressure.

Default Movento

Better living through chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. Laury View Post
    Better living through chemistry
    That's the idea. Much ado about nothing, really.

I see much accusation and theory, but no proof that these compounds are kills bees, causing CCD or all the other things that they're 'guilty' of.

I think that systemics is a large step in the right direction. Better for the environment than sprayed chemicals, don't you think? DDT ring a bell?
    The bees know!
    AKA Wormtounge