Thread: AOL Users

Exclamation AOL Users

Question for AOL users. We have a new user trying to get into the chat room and they are using AOL and their default browser which I believe to be AOL's version of IE.

Is anyone using AOL that also visits the chat room and what if anything did you have to do to get in? There may be other issues but we would like to rule out what works in order to get to what doesn't.

Your help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Bizzy
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

I to am using aol at home and have never been able to get in to chat. At work I am using Internet explorer and have no problems getting in (during the day lol). I pretty much just gave up on it at home. I figured I needed broad band or someone smarter than me to get in and with twin 5 year olds time is also an issue. I will also add that I have absolutely zero security on at home so that is not the issue either.

I too had problems when i used AOL, and alot more than you mentioned, I think there s something wrong with that whole program. I uninstalled it from my computer. I changed to Windstream service, and started using the computers explorer. I havn't had any problems since then.

If you use AOL, you are not limited to using the Internet Explorer browser that is within the AOL software, you can connect with your AOL, if AOL is your ISP and then minimize it and use the regular version of Internet Explorer which is not configured with the limitations of the version within the AOL software.

There are also many other "Browsers" that work well with most internet sites, including this forum.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Cool AOL users

AOL users are using the Netscape browser I believe:confused:

Thanks folks!! You have helped at least one get in.

I don't know for sure either Lee? I was messing around with somebodys pc a while back that was having some kind of problem and their AOL browser certainly had the feel of Netscape. But I found a snippet while surfing the other day that suggested they may be under some kind of obligation for a little longer to use IE. Maybe they are somewhere in the middle?

Whatever the case, I loaded up a copy of Firefox on their machine and got by most of their problems.

I haven't loaded AOL on one of my own machines since they announced they were going to unlimited access. Wow!! That was a day or two ago!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

I would like to thank Joseph Clemens. Minimizing AOL and going to Internet Explorer did the trick for me. AOL was definitly my problem. I am now able to enjoy the chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by jdpro5010 View Post
    AOL was definitly my problem.
    AOL was my problem 10 years ago when I first joined that oddball. After about a year of their way of doing the internet, I broke free of it. But I'm glad you were finally able to get around all their crazy rules and controls and make it here!
    Regards, Barry

Bizzy, Finaly figured it out. Can't get there in AOL. I have to go to Internet Explorer. I also was told in the chatroom that you can get there using Yahoo. Going to try that next. Thanks for the help. Beaver Dam