Default Inspection today

My wife and I went in our 4 hives today. 3 hives still have 1 super in place while the other has 2. None of the supers were full of honey so we left the supper in place for winter . The only problem was 1 hive had a large amount of SHB .
    Should a beek place menthol crystals in the hive for SHB if planning to leave the supers ? I plan on moving the hives approx. 3 ft. in front of where they now set,later this fall.
    My wife says we need to place weed screen underneath to keep the grass and weeds from around the hives ,your opinion?

I suppose I should order some Guardstar to spray b-4 moving,opinion?

I would remove the supers before winter. If your not careful come spring you will have supers full of brood. Taken them off will help with SHB by giving the bees less area to defend

i dont think guardstar is much help as the beetles will fly in from far away to get in your hive. i use scrap drywall for weedblock. carpet is better but wont biodegrade. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin