Default requeening with nuc

I tried requeening two colonies two weeks ago. I found and killed the old queens and place the queens in their mailing cages in the colonies. I waited 2 days then removed the cork over the candy. When I checked them at one week I had queen cells and no eggs in both colonies. I removed all the queen cells. I checked again today and cut queen cells out again--still no eggs. New queens were delivered today. I placed them in nuclei for introduction. How long should the queens lay in the nucs before using them to requeen the larger queenless colonies? Is a week long enough?

I'd wait until you have some open brood in the nuc.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Micheal, thanks for the advice.
    Ben

Default Division Screens

Division Screens are good for this purpose if you run double brood chamber colonies. Make the divide leaving the old queen below. Face upper chamber entrance to the back. New queens are easily accepted above because older bees return to entrance below. After establishment of new queen, remove old queen and combine chambers. If new queen is not accepted, you still have old queen.

Odfrank, I have used the division screens before. I was just lazy and in a hurry to install the first queens. I have had 100% acceptance when I take the time to shake the bees off of 3 or 4 frames of open brood, and place these over an excluder. I wait 24 hours and the nurse bees move up and cover the brood then I put them in a nuc box and introduce the queen. Then I go back and find the queen and kill her and unite the nuc. I'll take the extra time next time I need to requeen.