Default Has anyone ever visited Brushy Mountain?

Because their shipping seems a little high to me, I decided to drop by one afternoon for an order, since I was driving to visit my sister in Charlotte, NC.

I was really impressed with their set up. Friendly attitude---they treat each customer personally. Oops this may not be the right place to post this, I just realized...oh well.

Any way, while the fine gentlemen were accumulating my order of $250 worth of stuff, I figured it would take them a minute. So, I decided to take a stroll over to see Steve's beeyard. He has about 23 eight-frame white painted (3medium brood) hives, with the copper English tops. I don't recall any nucs but he could've had them there (just can't remember).

I strolled in front of his hives, about 10 feet away, and with those hives all lined up in a row like Arlington cemetery headstones, I felt like one of those Generals you see on TV reviewing the troops in formation.

About that time, bam, a worker was on me like white on rice. So I took a few steps away from the hives. She persisted. I kept walking. About several hundred yards later, she backed off. I immediately thought, "I bet Steve has Russians" But I don't know for a fact.

Does anyone know?

the lady working at the desk, laurie, is the president of the wilkes chapter of the ncsba. i think she has a few russians. i think i have heard her mention it. give them a call they are always willing to talk to folks. lauries email is listed, but i don't know if i should post it.
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"

I've been there once on bee day, took a trip with my father and oldest son. It was a long trip but was a good visit. From my experience with Brushy mountain, they have always been very friendly and helpful. My son got his first sting there. I agree the shipping is high, if you could buy everything at once and drive to pick it up, you would save alot.

A friend and I have visited Brushy Mtn. I bought a storage tank from a guy in N.C. and we decided to meet him there. It is a really nice set up with some really nice people.
    Big T

Default brushy mtn is nice

I live about 5 minutes from BMBF. They are really nice people and I frequently stop by there to get a random piece of equipment or just to talk to some people I know there.

They are friendly people. I haven't had anything shipped so I can not attest to that but it would be worth going to visit at least once to pick up supplies in person if you don't live too far away.

nate

Default brushy mtn. photos

I've been there a couple of times. Lots of acreage, nice staff, very neat and organized.

Here are some not-so-great photos, but should give you an idea of the size and layout of the operation. Lovely drive to the farm.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hjdunlap...untainBeeFarm#

We live close enough to Brushy Mountain that it is cheaper to pick up than to have things shipped. Steve and Sandy run a pretty efficient place and their employees are as friendly and helpful as they are. Greg and I have ordered from them for lots of years and we've only noticed a couple of bumps in the road that often come with a growing business. I suspect we'll be ordering from them for many more years.
    Susan