Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have to agree with Jeffrey Todd for the Austin area. It's bone dry. We have had 40+ days over 100*F and one or two days of spotty rain. It was a brutal summer.

I see a few marsh asters starting to poke out but unless we get more rain, they won't amount to much. We had a good cenizo bloom after the last rain a couple weeks ago but now my bees are feeding off suburban landscape flowers again. If I was out in the country, I'd be feeding them.
    ~May your hive thrive
    Aisha

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha View Post
    I have to agree with Jeffrey Todd for the Austin area. It's bone dry. We have had 40+ days over 100*F and one or two days of spotty rain. It was a brutal summer.

I see a few marsh asters starting to poke out but unless we get more rain, they won't amount to much. We had a good cenizo bloom after the last rain a couple weeks ago but now my bees are feeding off suburban landscape flowers again. If I was out in the country, I'd be feeding them.
    If IKE will track just a little more north you will have all the rain you want/need. Still far out and changed direction alot today.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4...?5day#contents
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

One good thing about this drought and dearth is that I can see which colonies are best suited for survival here; some of them shut down brood rearing almost completely and have conserved their stores much better than others. If records show these same hives to have been good producers last year (relative to the other hives) then they are the ones I am going to be breeding queens from this month.
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11

Northeast Texas fall flow is in full swing now with golden rod and aster in bloom along with a bunch of other small stuff.

Southeast Texas fall flow is going pretty good, the golden rod is just barely getting started. Aster and a lot of other small stuff has been blooming for a couple of weeks (along with the dreaded goatweed/doveweed/hogweed or what ever you call the stuff). Once the moisture from Ike (I got 19" at my house) dries out a little we should see it get into full swing.
    "The UNKNOWN, huh? That would be SNORBERT ZANGOX over in Waycross."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12