Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I see the same problems with foundation. You also see sheets of foundation buckle and sag if the bees don't work it soon enough, and if the flow isn't strong enough they chew it out. Those frames are an easy clean up. Just cut the bottom piece out and let them finish them. It takes about a minute, far less than when a whole box of foundation sags to the bottom. Foundation gets attached to box sides as well. If you had checked them more often you could have prevented the problems all together in about 30 seconds with a quick scrape.

I haven't used a foundation in over 5 years. I don't mysteriously lose hives to chemicals in commercial wax, in fact I haven't lost a hive in several years. I don't have excessive drones. If bees in the wild only produced drones there wouldn't be any bees. Do what you want but don't blame foundationless for your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    If bees in the wild only produced drones there wouldn't be any bees.
    Its seems pretty hard to compare bees in the wild with bees kept by humans today. I think managed bees with moveable frames, introduced pests and parasites, pesticides everywhere and a host of other differences make a feral nest and a manmade hive two very different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Do what you want but don't blame foundationless for your problems.
    I'm not sure if you are referring to me or not but I don't really have any problems. Introducing foundationless frames didn't work exactly as I'd hoped but if you read my earlier posts you'll see I haven't abandoned the idea.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards