Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Almonds demand getting stronger

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Tom G. Laury 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Almonds

Well anyway in spite of the whole free for all it is a real blessing to have all that money flowing down the pipeline. Last week there were shakers and sweepers being moved all over now the bottom dumps for the nuts are getting moved around. I personally haven't seen any loads of nuts being hauled yet but they are on the ground and drying. Once they get going there is like one semi per minute for 2months & more going up & down the highway next to my shop. It is a production of a huge amount of high value food and I have to admit I am proud to be a part of the process!

#7 ·
keith writes:
P.S. volume does not equal price.

tecumseh sezs: but volume and (times) price does equal qross. since agriculturalgoods are inelastic (that's an economic concept) price and volume don't move exactly 1:1 in relations to one another. it is not uncommon for gross (for an individual) to expand when the crop is small and the price is large.

#13 ·
Well here goes

WE turned it down once already, right?

Doesn't it mostly benefit SoCal developers?

Correct me?

Gotta be honest...sometimes I think that the only thing that will save my home state is a prolonged drought...houses, crap construction, crap architecture, crap...better stop here.

Flyer Jim I'm not sure but I think I know you...a beauty of anon posting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.