Default Robbing the bees in the fall

How do you commercial guys rob your bees in the fall and keep the bees from going on a robbing frenzy and getting into the hives? I only have about 15 hives on a trailer and do a trailer at a time, but the bees go nuts in the fall. I am using the fume boards and then move the supers to the truck after they have cleared out. I then cover the supers with a hive cover until I bring the next one on.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much what you do. Pick the warmest day and get there during the warmest part. One person runs ahead and removes all the lids (except any weak ones) and gives a bit of smoke.With all lids off, the bees tend to stay put to protect their stores.
    2 come along behind putting on 12 fumeboards and pulling boxes.A leaf blower is used to blow out any residual bees. The first person then follows putting on any meds needed.
    Stacks of supers are kept covered.
    By the time the bees get over the confusion enough to begin robbing, the truckload of supers is rolling down the road.

We try to pull in the goldenrod flow. When there is a flow they don't rob as much. We also feed at this time. In the middle of the flow just a couple of feedings and they are good for winter.
    Al

When I pull I put fume boards on 8 hives at a time. Pull them off the hives and throw them on drips boards and pull a bee net over them. I always get some bees home but not that many. If I had more help than just myself I would do it just like loggermike.
    Columbia City, Indiana

That is probably my problem. I am helping an older gentleman with his bee operartion and there is just me robbing. I have 3 fume boards, and we rob after the flow is gone. I just finished this last weekend. Oklahoma and it's windy days makes it hard to harvest....that and it is a side job/hobby for me so the first job comes first. Next year I will try starting in early September instead of October.