Thread: Mann Lake FN500

Default Mann Lake FN500

Can someone tell me if Mann Lake's FN500 plastic foundation has the same cell size as their PF100 Plastic frames? I'm going to try and regress some bees next year and I already have plenty of wood frames that I can use for plastic foundation. Trying to keep costs down if I can.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any search results for FN500, FN-500, and FN 500. (That should cover all the variations for future searchres)
    Profesionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I am brand spanking new but as I understand you can just put the frames in the hive and the bees will draw their own comb, it is supposed to go as quickly as on frames but that is just what I understand.
    (It seems like it would take longer but ...)

No they are larger. Use the PF-100, 120, 105, Or 125.
    Dan

May I suggest getting the PF-105s or the PF-125s. They are black and much easier to see the eggs and larvae than on the white PF-100s and 120s.
    7 yrs, 7 hives, TF, small cell
    www.honeymeadowfarm.com, www.nhbees.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeshooter View Post
    May I suggest getting the PF-105s or the PF-125s. They are black and much easier to see the eggs and larvae than on the white PF-100s and 120s.
    Be careful if you're somewhere like Tucson, Arizona, where 15 seconds in the sunlight on a hot Summer's day melts the wax right off of the plastic.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

>Can someone tell me if Mann Lake's FN500 plastic foundation has the same cell size as their PF100 Plastic frames?

I believe they are 5.4mm as opposed tot he PF100s which are 4.95mm.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Sure is fine to see folks using that Mann Lake PF-100s etc

I have to get Barry to remove my old account. Good to see folks have used that frame. When i sold my bees last fall, forty nucs combined to eighteen colonies...i did not see one mite, not one from the opening of the season to the very end. Could have been a fluke, but i like those kinds of fluke...hi everyone

CS SHAW