Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

swarm 911 call

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  summer1052 
#1 ·
I recived a call today of a swarm in a palm tree. Got all my stuff together, got there and found date tree in bloom with a few bees, yello jackets and other insects working the blooms. The lady seen a few bees and called reporting a massive swarm. I would say 50% of my swarm calls are false alarms. The lady was in panic mode wanting me to do something about the 4-5 bees I seen on the blooms !!! I TOLD HER I WOULD BE GLADE TO TAKE THE THE STIHL SAW AND CUT IT DOWN :D

#4 ·
She was not very impressed. And I mentioned the fact that I was glade to see wild bees working late blooms. Her finial word was " She would spray the tree with Raid ". Would it be wrong to pray for stings ???:rolleyes:
Only if you were wishing harm on her. I see it more along the lines of an education in progress... ;) And being an idiot she is, it may take a few... ;)

#6 ·
Dear Lord, It's just us little ol' beekeepers here, watching over your bees. We ask that you have a few bees sting this lady just enough that her eyes swell shut so she doesn't have to look upon all the bees working her date tree. It really upsets her Lord, to watch this. So this will help keep her away, so your ladies can do the job you have made for them.
Thank you... in Jesus name... AMEN.

#8 ·
I had a call from two elderly ladies, way across the county. They said they had a huge swarm of bees in their poplar tree. I couldn't find one of our club guys anywhere close, so I went. WHen I arrived, I saw no swarm, but a poplar tree oozing nectar and wrapped up with bees, flies, wasps, and anything else with wings and six legs. I spent a bout 10 minutes explaining to them why theri plants at the base of the tree had turned black(mildew from the dripping nectar) and the nature of bees and wasps. No good deed goes unpunished....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.