Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: cataracts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    86

    Default cataracts

    I read some where that cataracts could be treated with stings. One of my bees stung me on the eyebrow and my eye with the cataract seems to have clearer vision. Anyone know where to sting for cataracts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Schenectady County, NY
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: cataracts

    Quote Originally Posted by seamuswildhoney View Post
    I read some where that cataracts could be treated with stings. One of my bees stung me on the eyebrow and my eye with the cataract seems to have clearer vision. Anyone know where to sting for cataracts?
    Just came across this old post. Supposedly, couple drops of honey dissolved in water and used as drops in the eye should take care of the cataract.
    Here is the old Russian recipe: 2-3 times a day in both eyes, 1-2 drops in each eye. 1:3 Honey to water proportion, eventually 1:2 or even 1:1. Light (May) honey recommended. This is to be done for 20 days, with 10 days break. Then repeat again. Avoid doing it during hot summer month.
    I've used it myself through winter, my eyes were very irritated and the vision was getting worse. I can tell that it is very soothing and I feel that it really helped to improve how my eyes feel and the vision. Have to go back to this routine again. Better than any pharmacy eye drops for sure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Monroe County, NY
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: cataracts

    This is interesting. I don't have cataracts, so I can't really comment on that. However, I do wear glasses and contacts. If I wear my contacts for more than 8 or 9 hours, the next day my eyes are VERY sensitive. I can't open them outside without lots of pain. I went to the optometrist about this a year or so ago and they just said it was a bacterial or viral infection that I won't go away. I should try doing this and see what happens.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Farmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: cataracts

    I have heard of using honey for cataracts, as described in this thread. The idea of stinging near the eyes is very concerning to me. I personally would not try that.
    Susan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outagamie County, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: cataracts

    Check this out: www.ifood.tv/blog/honey-for-eyes
    (catarats, ulcers, infections, etc.)

    I have also read where a doctor sucessfully treated a women's cataracts with honey! Honey has also been used for animals for various ailments.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: cataracts

    I just sent a jar to my mom in TX who has an appointment in July for cataracts we will see if it does anything for her eyes by then.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outagamie County, Wisconsin USA
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: cataracts

    Just be aware that honey put in the eyes will sting for a little while and will make the eyes water. Vision will be a little blurry for a little while. I read where raw honey can be diluted a bit with water eye drops.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: cataracts

    I told her to start with a 1:1 honey to water then 2:1 then 3:1 and see how it does.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    4 years later I still have lots of trouble with that eye, blurry vision, eye boogers and floaters. Bless my bees! They know exactly where to sting. They have stung 3 more times near that eye twice on the brow, once on the lower lid. Each time everything gets better!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Branson, MO
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: cataracts

    My mom is still using the honey and I don't think it has helped much yet. At 79 I know I would not be able to get her to agree to the bee stings by the eye

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    I just got sting number 8 and a big floater seems to bee disolving!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Farmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: cataracts

    You are a brave one, Seamus! I'm glad its helping but again, stinging near the eye raises great concern for me.
    Susan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Leominster, MA USA
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: cataracts

    Quote Originally Posted by seamuswildflower View Post
    I just got sting number 8 and a big floater seems to bee disolving!
    I had cataract surgery on both my eyes when I was in my forties - sight is much better now due to lens implants but I really miss how well I could see close up with my really nearsighted eyes

    Watch out for floaters - in my case, they came along with a retinal tear that fortunately was repaired before I lost sight in that eye. I'm all for natural health but am grateful to have had excellent ophthalmologists throughout my life.

    Your eyes are precious - take care!

    Ramona

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    now its 8 years later 14 stings near that eye still helps

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    surrey BC Canada
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: cataracts

    I cleared my cataracts using honey. I was told I had cataracts and I treated with honey dabbing it in the corner of my eye and dragging it to the other side. Four weeks later and I was told by a surprised Optometrist that the cataracts were gone. That was four years ago and I am still clear of cataracts.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    I JUST GOT STUNG FOR THE 35TH TIME NEAR MY RIGHT EYE, THEY HAVE BEEN STINGING NEAR THAT EYE NOW FOR 8 YEARS IT WAS REALLY BOTHERING ME TODAY THE FLOATER STOPPED BLEEDING AND THE EYE BOOGERS ARE GONE!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: cataracts

    Honey may have anti microbial properties and possibly help with bacterial eye infections, BUT a cataract is a permanent change in the proteins of the lens inside the eye. When these proteins change the lens goes from clear to opaque. As a practicing eye doctor for over 20 years, I will tell you that the only remedy for cataracts is surgery. I have had patients try everything to "fix" their cataracts and none have ever improved. Many times they return telling me that their vision is better and bothers them less. The vision is always the same, or worse, but they feel better because they think they are doing something to help. The mind is a tremendous organ and the placebo effect is real. People think that things are better when they are the same or worse. Do not ever let a bee sting your eye, as that may allow bacteria into your eye that may cause a bacterial infection inside your eye. Endopthalmitis can cause severe vision loss and loss of the eye. Honey as an ocular anti-bacterial: maybe. I had a patient use breast milk for eye infections. Honey as a cure for cataracts: I don't think so.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchgobears View Post
    Honey may have anti microbial properties and possibly help with bacterial eye infections, BUT a cataract is a permanent change in the proteins of the lens inside the eye. When these proteins change the lens goes from clear to opaque. As a practicing eye doctor for over 20 years, I will tell you that the only remedy for cataracts is surgery. I have had patients try everything to "fix" their cataracts and none have ever improved. Many times they return telling me that their vision is better and bothers them less. The vision is always the same, or worse, but they feel better because they think they are doing something to help. The mind is a tremendous organ and the placebo effect is real. People think that things are better when they are the same or worse. Do not ever let a bee sting your eye, as that may allow bacteria into your eye that may cause a bacterial infection inside your eye. Endopthalmitis can cause severe vision loss and loss of the eye. Honey as an ocular anti-bacterial: maybe. I had a patient use breast milk for eye infections. Honey as a cure for cataracts: I don't think so.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhh did i touch your money belt soooooooooooooooooo sorry

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    greer south carolina USA
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: cataracts

    as DOCTOR RICHARD SCHULZE, WORLD FAMOUS HOMEOPATHIC DOCTOR, SAID SOME 40 YEARS AGO, TO THE DOCTORS WHO TOLD HIM HE NEEDED HEART SURGERY IN HIS EARLY 20s "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR SCALPELS!" HE NEVER GOT THE SURGERY AND IS NOW IN HIS 60s. OH BYE THE WAY ARE YOU WORLD FAMOUS MITCH?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    surrey BC Canada
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: cataracts

    Honey has been taking care of cataracts since ancient times in Greece as referenced iin Dr Bodog Beck's book, Honey and Your Health published in 1938. The Beekeeper Library, Mari-el.Ru, outlines a honey course of treatments for cataracts and other eye diseases. Maybe it is time for Mitch to start thinking outside the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads