Thread: cataracts

Default cataracts

I read some where that cataracts could be treated with stings. One of my bees stung me on the eyebrow and my eye with the cataract seems to have clearer vision. Anyone know where to sting for cataracts?

Default Re: cataracts

Quote Originally Posted by seamuswildhoney View Post
    I read some where that cataracts could be treated with stings. One of my bees stung me on the eyebrow and my eye with the cataract seems to have clearer vision. Anyone know where to sting for cataracts?
    Just came across this old post. Supposedly, couple drops of honey dissolved in water and used as drops in the eye should take care of the cataract.
    Here is the old Russian recipe: 2-3 times a day in both eyes, 1-2 drops in each eye. 1:3 Honey to water proportion, eventually 1:2 or even 1:1. Light (May) honey recommended. This is to be done for 20 days, with 10 days break. Then repeat again. Avoid doing it during hot summer month.
    I've used it myself through winter, my eyes were very irritated and the vision was getting worse. I can tell that it is very soothing and I feel that it really helped to improve how my eyes feel and the vision. Have to go back to this routine again. Better than any pharmacy eye drops for sure.

This is interesting. I don't have cataracts, so I can't really comment on that. However, I do wear glasses and contacts. If I wear my contacts for more than 8 or 9 hours, the next day my eyes are VERY sensitive. I can't open them outside without lots of pain. I went to the optometrist about this a year or so ago and they just said it was a bacterial or viral infection that I won't go away. I should try doing this and see what happens.

I have heard of using honey for cataracts, as described in this thread. The idea of stinging near the eyes is very concerning to me. I personally would not try that.
    Susan

Check this out: www.ifood.tv/blog/honey-for-eyes
    (catarats, ulcers, infections, etc.)

I have also read where a doctor sucessfully treated a women's cataracts with honey! Honey has also been used for animals for various ailments.

I just sent a jar to my mom in TX who has an appointment in July for cataracts we will see if it does anything for her eyes by then.

Just be aware that honey put in the eyes will sting for a little while and will make the eyes water. Vision will be a little blurry for a little while. I read where raw honey can be diluted a bit with water eye drops.

I told her to start with a 1:1 honey to water then 2:1 then 3:1 and see how it does.

4 years later I still have lots of trouble with that eye, blurry vision, eye boogers and floaters. Bless my bees! They know exactly where to sting. They have stung 3 more times near that eye twice on the brow, once on the lower lid. Each time everything gets better!

My mom is still using the honey and I don't think it has helped much yet. At 79 I know I would not be able to get her to agree to the bee stings by the eye

I just got sting number 8 and a big floater seems to bee disolving!

You are a brave one, Seamus! I'm glad its helping but again, stinging near the eye raises great concern for me.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by seamuswildflower View Post
    I just got sting number 8 and a big floater seems to bee disolving!
    I had cataract surgery on both my eyes when I was in my forties - sight is much better now due to lens implants but I really miss how well I could see close up with my really nearsighted eyes

Watch out for floaters - in my case, they came along with a retinal tear that fortunately was repaired before I lost sight in that eye. I'm all for natural health but am grateful to have had excellent ophthalmologists throughout my life.

Your eyes are precious - take care!

Ramona

now its 8 years later 14 stings near that eye still helps

I cleared my cataracts using honey. I was told I had cataracts and I treated with honey dabbing it in the corner of my eye and dragging it to the other side. Four weeks later and I was told by a surprised Optometrist that the cataracts were gone. That was four years ago and I am still clear of cataracts.