Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Which N. Texas Club to Join

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BigDaddyDS 
#1 ·
I have been needing to get into one for a while now. Just need some help which one. Below are the ones that I have found. Collin Cnty, but I could drive to the East Texas meeting at more miles but no traffic. Then there is Trinity Valley in Dallas. And also Metro Beekeepers in Alvarado. All are not to far. But wanted one that has a good regular turnout. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Derek

#6 ·
which club

The trinity valley club ceased meetings a couple of years ago. Don't know if they have restarted. They were the closest to me, but had ceased meetings when i found them.

I belong to Metro Area Beekeepers ( www.metrobeekeepers.net) which actually meets just south of burleson at exit 32.
It's a smaller club than the one in collin county, but has a good mix of newbies and experienced.

hope this helps
Ray

#7 ·
I belong to the ETBA in Tyler. It is a very good club, with many experienced and friendly folks who are always glad to share advice and opinions. I miss it greatly. I still pay my dues, but I cannot drive, due to the meds I have to take, and my wife works evenings. One day, I will be better, and I will certainly get my attendance up and going agin....These are VERY kindly folks for sure. Also, it is located on the loop on the west side of town---very easy to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.