Default USDA FSA LDP's and other letters

Hi guys, Does anyone know if the FSA (farm service agency) has any programs on honey? Meaning LDP's, price supports etc?

LDPS are somthing that normally come when honey prices are extremly low and thats not the case for now.. I may be wrong , does anyone else have a comment

The LDP is set ,I think ,at .50 or .60 per lb. .

does ldp mean loan deficiency payment?

my understanding is there is a honey loan program. I recently read (I think perhaps the most recent abf newsletter) that the loan is now set at $.60 per pound.

the honey loan program is not a subsidy program but a marketing (limits the amount of honey entering the market at one time) program.

LDP loan defeciency payment, if honey sells below the loan amount the USDA will pay the difference.

There is no "support" program, but you can get a low interest loan on extracted honey. The last one I took, last year, was for .60/lb @ 5% (if I recall correctly) payable in 9 months or earlier w/ no penalty. There is a filing fee of, I think, $15.00. For filing a lien against the honey. It comes in handy when there is slow cash flow.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."