Default Too hot to forage soybeans?

We've had a few days where it been in the upper 90's with what felt like 90% humidy. It kinda felt like trying to breathe yogurt. Nonetheless, I've got soybean fields right next to me but the bee's are simply sitting on the porch. The soybeans appear to be the same type that were also planted around July 1st. The soybeans are now blooming (small white flowers) but the bee's don't seem to care. Last year they refilled their supers within a month.

I examined my 6 hives (5 produce, 1 is growing for next year) last weekend when I pulled the drone frames and sugar dusted them. They're full of bees with nice laying patterns and fresh eggs so they appear to be healthy. I did find some fresh nectar in some of the cells but not much. All I can figure is it's too hot or the soybeans planted are a different variety.

Any feedback is always appreciated.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Beans can be fickle. Sometimes they produce nectar, sometimes not. Heat and drought will affect them. I'm pretty sure they only work them a few hours a day.

Are there really fields big enough to grow soybean on in Lee's Summit ? :confused:
    I thought every thing from Lake Lacawana {sp} was either condimeniums or shopping centers.
    In the late fifties ran around in Lee's Summit, Ray Town, Blue Springs, Grandview, all perrty much country !!

I believe in ABC-XYZ they say in the high ninety + degrees bees will pertty much shut down, and can be hard to get a long with.

PCM

I am with Ross, the heat might be keeping the beans from producing nectar. Or it might just be drying up as fast as it is producing it.

My 3 cents,
    Richard
    6 Hives
    Crescent City, FL

Heat and Humidity,is the soybeans best friend.Although if you have been getting some rain,it takes the bees a few days to get going again.They could just be a different variety.Overnite temps play a big factor in it as well.

PCM,

I live in way south Lee's Summit. I'm just west of Greenwood and just north of Lake Winnebago. There are plenty of Soybean fields all around here. I bowhunt deer 300 yards away from my hives. Plenty of deer, I got a great 9-point last year. The City is slowly creeping this way though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I didn't know if there was anything I was missing. It's cooled down to mid 80's and the moisture is good so we'll see if they start filling the supers. The honey was really good (taste and volume) from the soybeans last year so I'm hoping the girls get more this year.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...