Default Bee News...Sunday's Paper

Hey...our local newspaper came out and interviewed my wife and I regarding our bees and beekeeping practices. It has really generated a lot of attention here in our community, in a positive way. They gave us most of the page in the "Lifestyles" section of the Sunday paper. They even included the featured article online along with a video clip of us with our hives! I don't know how long they will keep this up on their site, but you might want to check this out...
    http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...TYLE/808030305
    We hope to encourage folks to get involved with beekeeping. This newspaper article in the Sunday paper will go a long way to help in that regard!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Awesome!!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing the article! My family is all in Central TN...I look forward to retiring and moving there! However, I'll always keep my property in the North. TN is too **** hot in the summer!

I too have family in TN and I love to stop in every time I pass threw they are actually just outside of Murfreesboro, small world huh, that is where my father grew up.

I am so happy you are getting recognition in the local paper, keep up the good work.

Richard
    6 Hives
    Crescent City, FL

Me too...my sister lives in Smyrna...
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Default An Update...

Guess what? As a result of the newspaper publicity...our phone started ringing and we have sold all of this years honey crop! Of course, we saved enough for ourselves and gifts for our family...but the part we were planning to sell went fast. Everyone called and said they wanted fresh local honey...Guess the newspaper did us a bigger favor than I thought.

Also, we had 85 youth and adults show up for our "show & tell" event at "Bee Day." So, we feel the event was a big success. Three or four persons who were in attendance came to the local county beekeepers meeting last night and announced, "We have decided we want to become beekeepers!" So, we feel blessed to have been able to inspire a few interested persons to take the plunge!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)