Exclamation Feeding causes fights?

I have two hives, one that I captured as a swarm, earlier this year from the first. I have been feeding them to facilitate colony growth because I am an amature and almost killed them all, as I was waiting for Dadant when they flooded out earlier this year...

Do bees fight when you feed them? cause mine are getting alot more agressive, of course I am into keeping verocious(ferocious in bee language) bees and I am prepared for this kind of activity...() But....

if feeding them makes them aggressive, I think I should stop until winter.

What are you feeding them and how are you feeding them? Feeding can cause robbing attitude in bees. Using inner hive feeders helps reduce this tendency.

Simple syrup. sugar and water. They eat it right up. I have an interior boardman feeder on the weak hive, and an external boardman feeder on the strong one. I hope the weak guys steal from the strong ones...!!

Feeding often sets off robbing, especially in a dearth. Reduce entrances to a minimum.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesrobbing.htm
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfeeding.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I have noticed the behavior your talking about early on when I was still using open feeders, they would be flying all in the air, guarding, and stinging within maybe 10 yds of the hive. When 5 min. before feeding I could open the hive without smoke. Like it was just said, it will cause robbing. I think this is just a reaction of other hives. They know that when you feed the stronger hives will most likely get the syrup, and will try to rob them also. Just watch after you feed them and you will probally see a little fighting at the entrances, especially at the feeder jars if you use them. If I need to feed them, I do it after I have looked inside and done whatever I plan on doing first.