Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Record for # of bees on a flower at once

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MichaelW 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a record for # of honeybees at one time on a flower? If so what was the flower? I've had 5 honeybees at a time on papaver somniferum as well as a couple bumblebees all in the same flower.

#7 ·
If its illegal why do they sell the seeds at my local walmart? I bought my original seeds from the local co-op and Ive given seeds to both of my parents who are currently growing them. That article is too long of a read for me so Im taking the authors advice and stopping after the first paragraph.

#9 ·
The gist of the story is that growing the plants are not illegal, technically, unless you intend to do something the cops don't like with them. And it is the cops who get to decide what your intent is. Drug laws are not like the rest of the criminal code. Cops and courts have ruined way too many lives using the kind of kangaroo court logic we like to complain about in third world countries.

If you haven't made anyone mad at you, you're safe. If, however, there is a cop or someone else who has it in for you, I'd stay away from popies. And study up on the drug war. It's a case study in tyranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.