Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You forget I'm a Tarheel cuz??? You can knock off all of Teds kin you want!!

He does kinda favor that fellar in the freezer, must be true!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Boy, would I love to....However , I am still getting the "Unable to connect to server" message....I think I am getting close, but if I fail, I would never complain. The free advice given out upon the site more than makes up for it, and anyone who would deign to complain is being rude and ungrateful.
    ..Well, back to the Think Tank!
    Regards from Texas,
    Rick

I would very much like to chat, but can't for the life of me figuer it out. I've sent Mr. Buzy a PM to try to be very specfick as to what I have to do so I may enjoy whats up in the chat room. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. I'm a welder by traid and not a computer wiz. Please help me make it happen. I want to learn. Thanks Beaver Dam

It is not the same site as Beesource, so you have to register with a user name and password, like any new site. Once you do that, if you don't have it blocked, it is as simple as signing in.

I can't be specific if I don't know what you have on your computer. There are to many browsers out there for me to try and guess what you are using. What version of JAVA have you installed? The past 6 versions have worked well but all the same what are you using? Where did you get your browser? Is it Internet Explorer? Where did you get it? Did it come from your installation of Windows or from Yahoo, Google or somewhere else? Do you have popups enabled for beesource? Do you have JAVA script enabled for beesource?

Are you running a firewall like ZoneAlarm, Symantec Security, Net Nanny or the likes?

Right out of the box, our chat room should work very easily for anyone that wishes to get in. If you or software that you have installed on you machine has altered the default settings for you browser then you will have to correct the problem. Popups must be enabled for beesource. Java must be installed. Java Script must be enabled for beesource. You must get a user name and password for the chat room that "isn't" your user name and password that you got for using the site forums. You can probably use the same name and password for the chat room when you sign up for the chat room, but is has nothing whatsoever to do with your account you use to login to the forums.

If you are running some kind of firewall (security software), there's a 99.9% chance that your security has blocked or locked you out of the site. Security software absolutely does not like to see Java Script running and it will block a site that tries to use it. And they don't always tell you that it is being blocked or give you the option to allow it when it happens. If it doesn't then you will have to find out where the software lists the blocked sites or applications and over ride the settings.

If you don't have any security software running and you have done the basics and have problems, then send me a message. Include your operating system (Windows XP, Windows 2000, whatever) and which browser you are using. Java version you installed and what your error message is or symbols you see when you login. Or if you even get to the point of logging in. When you go to the login page you should first see a blue bar in the center of the page and the word "loading". You will then see a login screen. You should log into the "The Hive".

Send me specifics about your PC, browser, ect. Just simply telling me that you can't login or just an error message just isn't enough for me to help. I have IE7, Firefox, Opera and who knows what else loaded on my machine. Tell me what you have and what you've done. If you need help finding popup or script settings say so and I'll find it in the program and help point you in the right direction. If I don't have the browser you are using, tell me what it is and I'll load it.

But you have to help me help you. There is to many programs and to many systems out there for me to guess what your problem may be.

Bizzy
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by LtlWilli View Post
    Boy, would I love to....However , I am still getting the "Unable to connect to server" message....
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Dam View Post
    I would very much like to chat, but can't for the life of me figuer it out.
    what are you two using...explorer, netscape, firefox....?

Default Ya might want to chat sometime

Click the link on the tool bar at the top of the page.
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 03-14-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    "Where wisdom is called for, force is of little use."
    Herodotus (circa 485-425 BC), Greek Historian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12