Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Flavored Honey/ Infused Honey

20K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  SERGE 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is doing any infused or flavored honeys (outside the realm of honey sticks)?

I am playing with a vanilla infused honey.

Was thinking of herb infused honey like sage.

Any thoughts? Think they would sell?

#2 ·
I would buy some herb style from ya. I think the herb idea is great. It would be a great in some of my pork butt and loin marinades. I would like to get some rosemary/honey when you got some.

#9 · (Edited)
I have tried around 12 different herbs spices - all dried... My best ones are:
Habanero (first one to sell out)
Star anise
Vanilla bean
Ceylon cinnamon
Lavender
Rose bud

Ones that seemed to work, but are less of a success:
black Pepper
Clove
Cardamom

I include a recipe card for a lava lamp martini (Honey Board), where I have added my own takes on using the infusions at the bottom. Best way to sell something... Create a market!

I currently have a hibiscus flower infusing. The color is AWESOME but I have no idea about flavor.

#14 ·
I have tried around 12 different herbs spices - all dried... My best ones are:
Habanero (first one to sell out)
Star anise
Vanilla bean
Ceylon cinnamon
Lavender
Rose bud

Ones that seemed to work, but are less of a success:
black Pepper
Clove
Cardamom

I include a recipe card for a lava lamp martini (Honey Board), where I have added my own takes on using the infusions at the bottom. Best way to sell something... Create a market!

I currently have a hibiscus flower infusing. The color is AWESOME but I have no idea about flavor.
Habanero sounds great. If you don't mind my asking, what is your recipe?

#10 ·
When does flavered honey become adulterated honey? I received some blueberry flavored honey, not blueberry blossom honey, which tastes awful. I could become more openminded about this, but any time flvoring is added to honey it isn't pure honey anymore.

The infused idea is an interesting one. I'd like to see it and try it before i pass judgement. Please be real explicit on the label. You will probably get many reactions like, "I've never tasted honey like that before. What do the bees work that makes that flavor?" And then you'll have to explain it to them. But that might be a good point of sale.

Keep us posted.

#18 ·
I help deliver herbs for a company in the spring and they asked me to make them some. We did Peppermint, rosemary, lemon balm, spearaming, lavender. they all where fresh herbs except the lavender. I used by volume 30% herbs to 70% honey. They all turned out great and now people want them all the time. The trouble is the time and money it takes to do it you never make your money back even at $6 for a 12oz jar. But is is fun to give to friends and let them know they can make it at home with your honey and their herbs.

#22 ·
I have beenmaking fruit flavored cremed honey since 1994. We make almond, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, lemon, cinnamon, apple/cinnamon, cherry, cranberry and apricot. We use all natural freeze dred fruit powder. Im not crazy about the lemon but is is great in hot tea! Apple/cinnamon, blackberry are the best sellers followed by raspberry, strawberry and cinnamon. Cranberry does good at christmas......if anyone wants any we ship! 8 oz hex 5.00 or 12 for 48.00 mix/match flavors! Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.