Default Bees attracted to newly washed beek suit?!?

I did something blasphemous and washed my beeks suit this am....figured that there might have been enough stingers and associated attack juices to help provoke the girls a bit.

So I hang my damp suit with the veil zipped shut from covered porch to air dry.

Noticed a few bees checking it out but no headbutts or overly hostile/irritated bees.

I go out to check to see if it was dry a moment ago and lo and behold there are 6-8 bees inside the veil......flying around etc....must have flown up an arm/leg to get in there......I carefully unzipped the veil a bit in the hopes they will abscond.

Anyone else ever seen this?

Do you think there's still enough stinger juice in/on the suit after a gentle cycle in the washing machine to attract them or are they simply inspecting the suit to find new ways of defeating it in the hopes of spending some up close and personal time inside the veil with me
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Most detergents have scent added. Most any scent is interesting to bees. If the suit was still wet they were getting water.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Maybe they see the suit & think its you.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by KQ6AR View Post
    Maybe they see the suit & think its you.

Dan
    I thought of that but discarded the idea when I realized that they were not attacking it.
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    Most detergents have scent added. Most any scent is interesting to bees. If the suit was still wet they were getting water.
    Thanks Mike....right on the wet issue and sounds right on the second.
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Default washed bee suit.

I read in one of those random sent e mails about Bounce fabric softener distracting bee's and skeeters! and saw some folks wearing them(pinned to thier hats) out blueberry picking to keep the bugs away.
    I wash my suit when it gets smelling like sting juice w/ "sport wash". Its unscented and seems to work. They dont mind me out there playing w/ them.
    I dont dry my cotton suit in the dryer but wonder if a bounce sheet would detract them?

i've seen advice for using bounce sheets in trailored boats on another forum(i know-traitor!) to deter "mud daubers and paper wasps" but it would seen that by the time a honeybee has gotten defensive enough to headbutt or sting an offensive odor would be too ittle to stop them.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Might want to run it through the rinse cycle, or hang it out in a rain storm... to get the soap and smell out of it. Next time use an un-scented soap. Arm & Hammer maybe?