Thread: EZ Nuc Boxes ?

Default EZ Nuc Boxes ?

Has anyone used the EZ nuc boxes by Jester in their bee yard and if so how well do they hold up in the weather?

Thanks allan

Default Re: EZ Nuc Boxes ?

I have used three of them. I got five frame nucs in them last spring. They were great for transporting the bees. I used them outside when i needed nuc boxes and they held up great outside for three weeks. They did however pick up a lot of rainwater in the little tubes that make up the matrix of the plasticor. In my opinion they are great temporary mobile bee hives for around $14.

ok that is what i was thanking about using them for temporary nucs thanks Hoot

I've used them for years. They are virtually indestructible. My only complaint, and it is really minor, is the amount of water they hold. But that does little to know harm when the boxes are being used and is only a real detriment when disassembling the boxes and the beekeeper gets soaked!
    Lloyd Spear

Don't laugh now.
    I was cleaning out an e-z nuc this fall, couldn't get the shwap out of the bottom ,so I held it up and shook it. That's when I found out they hold a lot of water in those little tubes. Half a gallon of water came splashing down on my face. I love learning the hard way. !@%#

I use them for temp boxes. They work well as a quiet box to hold a few frames. If I find a queen early in an inspection I will slip the frame into a box while I finish. I'm planning to use some for mating shortly.