Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum speed

Default Forum speed

What are members experiencing in regards to the speed of the board (page load, etc.) with whatever internet connection you have? Do you ever experience times where pages take a long time to load?
    Regards, Barry

Rarely.

I'm on 3 meg DSL...nothin' special....
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

It seems sometimes some threads take longer to come up than others,I just figured it was our wireless internet service.[verizon]

I'm on DSL and using firefox.

About a week ago, it started loading slow, sometimes timing out and having to click on "try again". I had to click on "try again" to reply to this thread.

I have windstream high speed internet (128 k) I think, its the next step up from the slowest, but even when I just had dailup I never experienced any delays or slowness in this site.

iddee

I think we probably both get service from ATT
    their service has sucked lately
    connection goes down for 10-15 seconds then comes back up
    have you seen the response you described on other website too? I have
    I think, at least for me, the problem is on my end not Barry's

Dave

The only other site I see it on is my local bee club's site, and it has been that way for years. I don't know who actually provides my service. I get it through my local, privately owned, telephone company. I would imagine they are resellers.

Default Speed ?

I have the upgraded Time-Warner cable.
    They have three levels of speed. I have the 5.0 bit and it is faaaaaast
    I can get their 10.0 bit for about 6-$10.00 more.
    Regards,
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

I use Bellsouth (AT&T) DSL and never had any problems w/this site.

-Nathanael
    Beaches' Bee-Haven Apiary http://beachesbeehaven.com
    Aiken Beekeepers Association http://aikenbeekeepers.org

Pages here are always good loading except sometimes late at night, after midnight or later. I have Comcast, 5mb down and 1mb up, in California.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

I have DSL through ATT and have never experienced the site being slow myself. I'm always working the back end controls, dealing with registration issues and such and moving around has always been pretty fast. Was just curious what other's were experiencing with the site. With the old board, I would have long page load times.
    Regards, Barry

I have a low speed cable modem, & have no problems with the site loading fast.

Dan

All of you are lucky I can still only get dial-up where I live. With that being said I don't have any problems with the pages loading on this site at all, it is one of the fastest loading sites I visit.

Richard
    6 Hives
    Crescent City, FL

Quote Originally Posted by akaneo View Post
    it is one of the fastest loading sites I visit.
    I attribute that to keeping inline images and fluff junk like avatars and "production signature lines" off the board. I personally hate boards that have all the bells and whistles implemented as it increases load time, is visually over stimulating and confusing, and simply detracts from what is important, the written word.
    Regards, Barry

I have dial up at home and 1GPS at work of course no problem at work but it is also the fastest site at home. I love it makes for easy reading.

OK, so what is my problem? I cleared cache and cookies and it is STILL really slow, and the only site I frequent that is. I am running Firefox, Wildblue satellite internet 100mbps, anyone with any suggestions? It drives me crazy, short trip I know.
    Sheri

I had a problem with Time Warner being slow a few years back. After many calls I got someone that had me ping a few sites and read back the info and they found a bad or slow router somewhere in their equipment. If you have a few sites that are slow and some that are working fine maybe a call to the Internet provider will help.

Barry, I'm with you. All the graphical garbage just takes up space and speed. I appreciate being able to read and type.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Hi Sheri,

Here's a link to a site to check you're isp speed
    http://speedtest.net/
    That way you will know if they are giving you what they charge you for.

Dan

I pay for (they say "up to") 1.5mbps and last ping was 1.44 so that is OK. Most sites I have fast page loads but Beesource is very slow for some reason, sometimes timing out, although not too often. I usually end up reading another tab while waiting, it is so annoying. Good thing I can multi task, lol.
    Ski, I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying my internet provider would have a bad server that only shows up with Beesource or are you saying Beesource might have a bad server?
    I must say, it isn't only Beesource, there are occasional other sites I frequent that are often slow (paypal comes to mind) but Beesource is always slow lately, just the past couple, maybe three weeks. It was fine prior, this sudden change is why I was wondering,
    Sheri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast