Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Every time I think I've gotten great information to ponder, more of you come along and add to it. I can't say thank you enough. I do have one friend who just started keeping bees this year and she said I can come out with her once I have a bee suit.

I'm really excited to do this. As a stay at home mom living in the middle of rural (very rural) Michigan, it's good to finally be getting some things besides laundry to keep me busy.

Heidi I went quite a while w/o a bee suit. Just a thick long sleeve shirt, some gloves and a veil or mosquito hood. If you can get out there and play w/ them go for it. I wouldnt get into too much working w/ them until your covered good but just playing, you should be ok. But beeware!!!Once you play w/ em your hooked!!! a bee junkie is created!

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Heidi I went quite a while w/o a bee suit. Just a thick long sleeve shirt, some gloves and a veil or mosquito hood. If you can get out there and play w/ them go for it. I wouldn't get into too much working w/ them until your covered good but just playing, you should be ok. But beeware!!!Once you play w/ em your hooked!!! a bee junkie is created!
    I used a windbreaker until I got used to the bees, kinda irritated them but they can not get through.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Heidi I went quite a while w/o a bee suit.
    I've never bought a suit, just a helmet and veil. I picked up some old white shirts at a clothing re-sale shop (50 cents each) and that's what I use. My daughter gave me a tyvek painter suit which I used once when the bees were really testy, but it's really hot!