Default Weather and swarming

If a hive is prepared to swarm within a day or so ( capped queen cells present ) and the weather suddenly turns real nasty ( several days of heavy rain and thunderstorms ) does anyone have an idea as to what will happen? Will the hive swarm regardless or will it somehow postpone the issue ( destruction of queen cells ):confused:. On another note, I'm pretty happy that I am signed up for a two day presentation here in Nova Scotia with the author of Natural Beekeeping, Ross Conrad.

Default Weather and swarming

Why not place an Entrance Guard on the front until the weather breaks. Also, if it was me I would, as soon as you can, take the queen out and some bees and place them in a new hive and place a guard on it as well. Leaving the new Queen cells and hive in place as if it had swarmed. Saves chasing them down in a tree some place. Once she starts working in that hive laying remove the guard.

I see a lot of swarms right before a storm.

Yes, the bees in the hive can prevent the time of swarming and even prevent queens from hatching until the time is right as judged by the workers.